• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 338XPT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
Reaction score
I picked this up along with a couple of other orange saws.
It appears complete, though rough. Maybe it got dropped, but can't say for sure. Compression number is at 4700' in elevation, and I'm not sure I got the best seal.
$80 shipped to the lower 48 States.
20151224_154639.jpg
20151224_155718.jpg 20151224_155659.jpg 20151224_155944.jpg 20151224_155922.jpg 20151224_155910.jpg

What's up JON!!!!

ok, I will be the first to ask before jughead.....

What's the piston look like?

Also, for others who are interested, don't sweat those cracks in the back of the case..... Those can be plastic welded (basically just melt it back together with a big soldering iron) and it will hold) just as I did to a 335XPT.

I sold my 335XPT to a pro arborist who also owns a Stihl MS200T..... He really likes the Husky as well and said he really enjoys running it .....

That says a lot in my book.

What's up JON!!!!

ok, I will be the first to ask before jughead.....

What's the piston look like?

Also, for others who are interested, don't sweat those cracks in the back of the case..... Those can be plastic welded (basically just melt it back together with a big soldering iron) and it will hold) just as I did to a 335XPT.

I sold my 335XPT to a pro arborist who also owns a Stihl MS200T..... He really likes the Husky as well and said he really enjoys running it .....

That says a lot in my book.

Not much.

Haha! You're asking about the piston to help me send this down the road. Jughead only asks because it's just in his nature to get sore toes from kicking tires.

Not much.

Haha! You're asking about the piston to help me send this down the road. Jughead only asks because it's just in his nature to get sore toes from kicking tires.
This might seem strange, but I sold Jughead a saw. :eek:

Yes, I knew piston pics will get 'er sold!!

For those who don't know, the elevation Jon is at causes the compression to read about 18% lower than at sea level. So, if he tested with the saw in Texas, it would likely show ~120+ psi, which means it should be a good runner.

hey i don't kick much.i just ask what kinda shape the pistons in to irritate.lol and look what un's made me do........first post on AS in months.
:mad:
hey jon what shapes the piston in?:laugh:
actually if no one is interested in this one let me look and see if all my cards are tapped.may actually be interested in this one to build for a friend of mine.

What's this supposed to mean? How's that 288 doing?
That means you make it difficult to say "no" in a saw deal.

The 288 is going to be my albatross. I did get the oiler you sent, but I wanted to fire it up, and set the tune with a bar and chain. Got ready, pulled the D-handle, and the rope broke.........Phuck!

Another 288 just popped up locally, but he wants too much for it. :(

He said its too big for him... mebbe he wants to trade for something smaller. :)

Back