Husqvarna 340 floods out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shooters Apprentice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’ve got a Husky 340 that’s giving me issues.
Saw can sit, even for a few weeks and will fire up first pull with the choke on. Kick the choke off and it will run for a bit, and then start loading up, even at full throttle u til it finally just floods itself out and dies. Won’t restart till it’s sit 20-30 mins, even with full throttle and continuous pulling. Once it’s sat, hit the choke, fires first pull and same thing.
I found if I run the low screw all the way in it will run at the higher RPMs pretty well, but will still load up and die knots instantly at idle.

guessing I’m probably gonna need to put a new carb on it?

Good chance it's just the metering valve not sealing well enough... as the saw warms up the pressure in the tank is pushing more fuel through the carb than the saw can handle

Simple carb problem, either non-sealing inlet valve or a diaphragm that's too stiff. Pull the fuel line off the carb (release tank pressure first) and try blowing into the carb, should not be able to blow in. You don't need a new carb, just try cleaning the inlet valve and seat and if the diaphragm is stiff you probably need a carb kit but might be able to get away with just lowering the inlet valve control lever. Test before reinstalling, the inlet valve should stand at least 8psi without leaking.

Latest posts

Back