Husqvarna 340 issues....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuerX

constantly confused
Reaction score
So my trusty old 340 (8 yrs old) suddenly decided to act up to the point its very hard to adjust the carb AND started slinging B&C oil profusely.

Starts fine, Revs hard then bogs down but if I let the throttle go comes back.....etc.

Plugs fine, Filters clean, Spark arrestor is clean.

I'm not about to retire one really handy little saw so anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Eric

So my trusty old 340 (8 yrs old) suddenly decided to act up to the point its very hard to adjust the carb AND started slinging B&C oil profusely.

Starts fine, Revs hard then bogs down but if I let the throttle go comes back.....etc.

Plugs fine, Filters clean, Spark arrestor is clean.

I'm not about to retire one really handy little saw so anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Eric

Clean the carb. if still nothing then your carb adjustment is out of wack. I bet the jets have limiters on them too. Start by turning them out as far as the limiters will let you and see how it runs. (probably will only let you turn them out about a 1/8th or a little more of a turn) If it still runs like crap then you will have to bust off the limiters and retune it. All you need to do that is a pair of needle nose pliers usually.
If you are not sure how to tune it or how to clean the carb look up some videos on youtube on how to do it. It is hard to explain how to do it in words.

Last edited:
Clean the carb. if still nothing then your carb adjustment is out of wack. I bet the jets have limiters on them too. Start by turning them out as far as the limiters will let you and see how it runs. (probably will only let you turn them out about a 1/8th or a little more of a turn) If it still runs like crap then you will have to bust off the limiters and retune it. All you need to do that is a pair of needle nose pliers usually.
If you are not sure how to tune it or how to clean the carb look up some videos on youtube on how to do it. It is hard to explain how to do it in words.

Thanks man, Gonna tear in to it monday!

Back