Husqvarna 340 Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntindog1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up a Husqvarna 340 as a project to teach my son about working on chain saws.

I havent worked on small engines for many years , I did take 2 years of small engine class in school. But thats been about 35 years ago. Electronics is my trade. So I am going to be learning and re-learning along with my son. Last thing I have done on a chain saw is rebuild the carb on my Husky 44 a few years back. I have cut fire wood for my own personal use for most my life as my Dad heated with wood. But I got out of the wood heating for a while and just last year got back into and it has sparked interest in my son with the chain saws now that he is older (16).

My question is are there any mods out there I can do to this saw while I am rebuilding it?

I have looked for some posts on modded 340's but havent found any.

Thanks

I bought one that had the spark plug threads blown out so i had to take the cylinder off to fix it right. While it was off i opened up the ports and opened up the muffler and it made a good little runner with 18'' .325 chain on it my dad likes it.

Back