Husqvarna 340SQ no spark, help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masacre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, i got a old husqvarna 340sq from 1977.

It has no spark and i assume either the ignotion module or the coil itself is dead, However neither of these parts seems easy to find, so i wonder if i can use coil and module from a diffrent saw.

What im questioning tho is inside the flywheel, there is magnitos, but theres also magnitos on the outside of the flywheel for the coil like normal. i have never seen magnitos inside the flywheel before and i dont really know what purpose they serve. Would i be fine getting a newer coil that fits and just use the regular outside magnitos? is it possible to use a even newer coil that doesnt need a module?

Not looking to spend a lot of money on this, its just a saw i would like to get running, simply cuz i like older chainsaws.

Thanks in advance for any tip and help

Ah, right, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can i use a coil that doesnt have a separete module? this saw has a module in the pullcord cover, i assume that has to do with the ignition, unless thats for the generator as well?

Anyway, i found some coils on the bay, that has simular measurements, holes etc, any reason that wont work as long as the wires and such is long enough?

Latest posts

Back