Husqvarna 345 any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zryder25

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm just about to buy a new saw and am considering the Husqvarna 345. Just wondering if this saw will last a decent number of years, and also if there have been many problems with this model. Thanks

Spend a few bucks more and get the Husky 346XP New Edition. It will not disappoint. Once you use a professional grade saw you will not want to pick up another homeowner saw.

What will you be cutting, size??? How often will it be used.

I really love my 345, I ve had it a year now, haven't had any problems. It feels much better to me then just a homeowner saw. It cuts very well, using a 18" bar and 325 chain.

I posted a thread a while back looking at the 345 vs Stihl 250....(similar cc's and hp rating). To sum it up.....same length bar,same person sharpening the chains...yada yada...I tried to be unbiased. The Husqvarna was way smoother but was out cut almost two to one.....so I found this site and ended up with an 026.....:confused: go figure!
My .02,the 345 is fine for the occasional user kind that some of us are. My buddy likes his just fine....he does about 4-6 cord per year, and has had no issues. After using a pro saw...I'd opt for a Dolmar 5100,260 pro, or a 346xp Husq.
All good choices and well worth the $$

If you work more than cutting branches and cutting few trees,make yourself a gift ,buy a 353 or 346 depending on budget.You ll be ever grateful to guys that suggest that to you.345 is good ,but for light work.353 or 346 are a bit heavier,but a lot more hp,and better construction overall.

Good advice!

If you work more than cutting branches and cutting few trees,make yourself a gift ,buy a 353 or 346 depending on budget.You ll be ever grateful to guys that suggest that to you.345 is good ,but for light work.353 or 346 are a bit heavier,but a lot more hp,and better construction overall.

+1

;) Al

I don't know the price differance, but if you're going with the homeowner grade, I would go with the 350 or 2150.

Pro saws are definately the way to go if you can afford them. Depending on use, you can get by with some of the others too. I would recommend a 455 rancher over the 345 for the little bit of price difference. If money isn't an issue, go with the 346xp or the 353, the 353 power wise is just under the 455& the 346xp is right there with the 455 rancher & both weigh a little less). Know your prices & don't overlook the used market, there are some decent deals out there.

Its a great trim saw, light weight decent power, a 350 has an adjustable oiler which the 345 does not and a little more hp otherwise not much difference there except a few more $ :).

I have a real low hours 345 e-series non-cat 16" if you are interested pm me, I may still have the box.

I upped to a 346xp NE (exact same size and weight saw) because I cut a lot of firewood for my own heating and the pro-saw has a couple features the 345 has not for a bit more $ but it works for a lot of folks like that its what you want to spend and how much you plan to use it. :)

edited: guess you noticed by all these posts there isnt any problems with them or with longevity with a 345 to further answer your question! :)

HTH

Last edited:
First post, Since the 345e is the only saw I own I'm, of course, going to say yes. But, that saw is a lot o fun. I have cut up 6 or so 12'' pines and I'm actually bucking two 25-30'' oaks with it...It seems to cut through pretty dang quick with 4-6'' shavings on the oak. I would post some picks while cutting but all I have are after shots.
jeepnva

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii42/jeepnva/?action=view&current=IMG_3973.jpg

I'll come up with more pics when I get more time.

my 345 with mod rocks

I drilled a 7/16 hole in the muffler on mine and took off the limiter cap to adj the carb and this suckers is twice the saw it was stock:chainsaw: that was about 2 years ago and 40 cords of ash No problems with it at all i would not spend the money for the pro saw my partner has a stihl 250 and this would keep up with it 110%

Phil

Pro saws are definately the way to go if you can afford them. Depending on use, you can get by with some of the others too. I would recommend a 455 rancher over the 345 for the little bit of price difference. If money isn't an issue, go with the 346xp or the 353, the 353 power wise is just under the 455& the 346xp is right there with the 455 rancher & both weigh a little less). Know your prices & don't overlook the used market, there are some decent deals out there.

They weight a lot less than the 455, and is pro quality vs consumer quality.

The 345 will be just fine for the intended purpose, but why not step up to the 350?

Last edited:
I agree with SawTroll, after cutting with my 346 all winter Id have to say an adjustable oiler on the 345 would make it a perfect saw...

(but where would a company stop adding features to produce homeowner grade saws vs pro saws??? I think they did OK!)

and the 350 has one. My 345 could use a little more oil and that may just be my particular saw?

Compared to the rest of my Huskys the 345 uses the least oil and IMO its chain runs dryer than I like.

:)

345 husky

i have a 345 and use it daily to supply my 2 wood burners i would not have any other ... go for it you will not be disappointed go for the 18" bar if you can [/B]

How come huskys website doesnt list a 345?

Last edited:
no beef but how did this threat get dragged up from a year ago?

Also, they're not listed on the website because they've been replaced by 445.

I've been using my 345 for two heating seasons and it s completly reliable and satisfactory for my mixed hardwood firewood needs (3-4 cords/year).
I just bought a new 350 as I like owning two saws. The 345 is 3 hp. The 350, 3.2 hp. Not a huge difference.

Latest posts

Back