Husqvarna 346XP / Bar Compatibility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredJr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Husqvarna 346XP

965 41 04-00
02 4902533
Husqvarna AB
Huskvarna, SWEDEN

Current Bar : Oregon 208SLGK095
058 / 1 5 325 DL: 78

Current Chain : 21BPX078G 18” J7

I have owned this saw a while and only had to replace a few chains and recently “month ago” I got my bar caught in a tree that fell backwards and it warped it more then a vice could fix. Anyways I ordered the same ol bar as the one I bought it with but was curious of what all bars I could put on her. Not worried about a bigger bar as that’s probably the most this saw could handle from previous reading but curious as how exactly you match another bar to it. As far as I would guess as long as the gauge and pitch match bolt it on and get a compatible chain to the bar and go with it? But didn’t wanna risk screwing something up that would cost me more then $20 to replace. Any and all information you could give me would be appreciated. Even if it’s not directly at my question. I searched everywhere and couldn’t find out nothing about bar compatibility to saws especially not mine so sorry to ask if it’s already been discussed somewhere I haven’t looked.

It will take any bar that is a K095 mount. Unless you change your drive sprocket you'll want to stick with .325 pitch. The gauge of chain must match the bar.

My personal preference for a 346 is 16" .325 .050 gauge. I like them fast though. I have one now with the same setup as yours in .050 gauge. It handles it fine.

By K095 you mean only bars ending in those 4 digits will match? Or only with Oregon brand using those numbers? Is there other brands that would fit, also do Oregon and Husqvarna brand bars use different number systems etc for matching them together.

So as long as the pitch is .325 it will run on it if the bar is a k095?Now is there a more specific bar / chain I should be using for cutting pines? That’s about all I’m ever clearing just dropping them and cutting into chunks to pile up and burn. I have a 21LPX078G chain as well I bought with the new bar that’s on the way, it was cheaper to get them together it’s difrerent then my normal chain I’ve been using but not sure exactly what chain is best for what.

LPX will work fine for pine. If you wanted to get some LGX or EXL it would cut a little faster. That is a more aggressive chain without the anti-kickback bumpers.

Alright I have also noticed there is Husqvarna bars that say they fit 346XP but the way they label the numbers look different then my Oregon, Such as a HLN 250-72 18”. Is that a compatible type bar. Just curious because I’m still waiting for mine from ups and trying to make something fit for a day or so until then as well as for future reference if something happens to my main bar. Which I guess would be better to order a spare ahead of time for now on.

Alright I have also noticed there is Husqvarna bars that say they fit 346XP but the way they label the numbers look different then my Oregon, Such as a HLN 250-72 18”. Is that a compatible type bar. Just curious because I’m still waiting for mine from ups and trying to make something fit for a day or so until then as well as for future reference if something happens to my main bar. Which I guess would be better to order a spare ahead of time for now on.

You want to make sure that the bar and chains match
For example, ko95 is what matches your mounting and oil holes, a “small mount husky bar”
Then there is the sprocket that drives the chain, you have .325 so keep buying bars that work with .325 (not 3/8)
Next is the width of the drivers, that part of the chain that runs in the groove in the bar, unfortunately there are lots of different widths, you are running .058 (not .050) if you want to keep your chains and bars the same, keep buying .058 bars to match the .058 chain you already have. You are free to change this up but then you have to make sure the bar groove matches the width of the chain drivers
Lastly is the number of driver links, that depends on how long your Bar is and they must be compatible.

So your “current Bar” is a small mount husky
K095
It has a bar groove .058 so you need .058 chain
It has .325 sprocket so you need .325 chain
It is an 18 inch bar with 78 drive lengths.

If you want to keep things simple buy a Bar and chain with these same specs for a back up, will work fine for pine, if you are experienced you could buy chain that is more aggressive but more prone to kickback like LGX but it probably is no big deal for your purposes.

I have the chain to bar matching thing down but which bars are compatible to my saw is what I haven’t exactly figured out. Due to there being so many

Alright I got a little better idea of it. I appreciate all y’alls help and time. As well as the info on a better chain to use which I will probably give a try.

Latest posts

Back