Husqvarna 350 comparison video with cut times!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why you use a pop up like Brad always does. I wanted to have Tree a Monkey port it but he wouldn't port an AM cylinder so I bought the OE and I ported the Hy Way kit myself. For being AM and having a pop up piston which most of the porting experts say will never run as good well I beg to differ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why you use a pop up like Brad always does. I wanted to have Tree a Monkey port it but he wouldn't port an AM cylinder so I bought the OE and I ported the Hy Way kit myself. For being AM and having a pop up piston which most of the porting experts say will never run as good well I beg to differ
AFAIK, no one has ever demonstrated that a cut squishband delivers better performance than a pop-up. It's personal build preference and little more. It's a tool to be used when necessary, but certainly not required.

How tall a pop up? So a pop up and a stock cyl? Thanks I've been wanting to try (like I need another 350 :) ) but I may need a 2150 lol

I didn't write that down, it's pretty tall, sorry. I should take better notes. My cylinder isn't close to being stock now though

AFAIK, no one has ever demonstrated that a cut squishband delivers better performance than a pop-up. It's personal build preference and little more. It's a tool to be used when necessary, but certainly not required.
They sure talk like it has

Are the chains of the same spool at the Same time or different part numbers & such? Some have more hook and a sharper grind and some are what I call "factory dull"
That would make a huge difference.

Are you raising the exhaust at all?

IMHO, you need to raise the transfers more and widen them. You need that fuel to make power at higher RPMs. A stock 346 only had about 17° of blowdown. The strongest 346 I've run only had 14°-15°.

Stock 346 exhaust is around 106°-107°. I don't raise it at all. I give them 14°-15° of blowdown and put the intake at 80°. Transfers are widened and the base case matched. Compression is 180-190 PSI with a .030"-.035" pop-up.

Back