• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Husqvarna 350 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter relax, we'll get through this little snafu. Hope you had a good vacation.

Alright here's the deal.

It's a closed port with the removable transfer covers. Mild transfer that *should* clean up. I've seen a lot worse.

At some point someone drilled out and tapped one of the muffler bolt holes to a larger thread.

And I had to 'borrow' some of the transfer cover screws. Seems I was anxious to get grinding on my 359 and I didn't want to wait on a tamper proof torx bit; so I ground a slot in the screws to get them out. Figrued I could just pick up some machine screws -- WRONG -- no one has ever seen the thread pitch that is on those damn things. So I had to use some from this 350 cylinder.

I can get pics but I only have my Ipad so I'll have to wait till daylight to get good pics.

Price, you can have it for the cost of shipping.

That is a very generous offer. Thank you for the reply.

I am doing what the buyer wants. So I will PM him here in a few (Putting kids to sleep) if he hasn't seen this already.

Again, I appreciate the time and generosity

Alright here's the deal.

It's a closed port with the removable transfer covers. Mild transfer that *should* clean up. I've seen a lot worse.

At some point someone drilled out and tapped one of the muffler bolt holes to a larger thread.

And I had to 'borrow' some of the transfer cover screws. Seems I was anxious to get grinding on my 359 and I didn't want to wait on a tamper proof torx bit; so I ground a slot in the screws to get them out. Figrued I could just pick up some machine screws -- WRONG -- no one has ever seen the thread pitch that is on those damn things. So I had to use some from this 350 cylinder.

I can get pics but I only have my Ipad so I'll have to wait till daylight to get good pics.

Price, you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Sounds like it's worth a shot to me. Hey Dexter maybe waiting has finally paid off. Is the tapped out exhaust hole huge? I normally tap them out to 5/16 x 18 standard thread. If the transfer isn't too bad for a little acid cleanup. I've got some of the screws for the transfer covers so that's not an issue. Let's see how to work out the details and do the shipping and details via PM.

Thank you Mike from Maine..... Cylinder should arrive on Monday to atlarge54 :cool2:

Done... Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back