• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Husqvarna 350 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DexterDay

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I sold my Husq 350 and I am in great need of a 350 cylinder. Or a 346 P & C

Would like to make it as cheap as possible. But because I sold the saw and want to make things right, I will pay what I have to just because it was a mistake on my behalf.

(Backstory- sold the saw to a member. I never pulled the spark plug. Only pulled muff and p & c looked great. Saw ran awesome. Asked the seller if he wanted compression #'s. Never asked so I never did it. Sold saw. He pulled spark plug and it has some type of insert. And this just isn't gonna fly in my book. I have offered to buy back, but he has been nice enough to just ask for a fix. This is the 1st saw, I never pulled the plug on. Assuming gets you no where and now I know. Again, I will post more in the chainsaw section as it has the most traffic. I have sold quite a few saws here and don't want to tarnish my name. Not a sponsor and I don't do this for a living. But I also don't want someone to think I screwed them over. I always want to make it right.)

Thanks for reading

I'm the member that purchased the saw so let me make this point perfectly clear---DexterDay has gone over and above anything you could EVER expect of a seller. I'd deal with him again in a heartbeat. The amount of money involved is not large and when a seller offers to do the things he has for resolution the last thing I want is for him to lose money on the deal.

Doesn't somebody have an old 350 jug laying around that would clean up ok? I've done a few muratic acid cleanups before and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm the member that purchased the saw so let me make this point perfectly clear---DexterDay has gone over and above anything you could EVER expect of a seller. I'd deal with him again in a heartbeat. The amount of money involved is not large and when a seller offers to do the things he has for resolution the last thing I want is for him to lose money on the deal.

Doesn't somebody have an old 350 jug laying around that would clean up ok? I've done a few muratic acid cleanups before and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

We talked and currently I don't have any cylinders. I have aftermarket options through watsonr that are inexpensive and good quality. If you're not in a huge hurry and aftermarket is ok I'll cover the cost of one when he sends me his 036 when he has time. I've been looking for used cylinders for a while now with no luck.

Time isn't a problem on my end. If a decent 350 cylinder doesn't surface maybe the Hyway kit would be an option. Dexter, if we wind up going that route would a 50/50 split on the cost be fair?

Nope.. Not fair at all. :msp_biggrin: I will cover 100% of the cost.

Moody has made a very generous offer to me on your saw and mine. If a OEM doesnt surface (between you looking and me) then tell me and I will send Moody the money.

Moody is a stand up guy and spoke with him on Sunday. Many people here are kind hearted and understanding. But some go above and beyond the call of duty.

Whatever you decide. Let me know and I will take care of it. I will not be the guy who sells crap. It was my mistake and now I will pay.

I appreciate your offer of 50/50. But whatever the cost, losing money is an option to keep someone happy.

Sorry, but me splitting the cost seems pretty fair. The saw isn't junk and it did come with a bunch of chains. If I get an aftermarket P/C I'll still have the stock one and maybe I can epoxy the insert in place, then if I keep it for my personal saw I'll know what I'm dealing with on the plug.

Remember, what happened here was not intentional.

Sorry, but me splitting the cost seems pretty fair. The saw isn't junk and it did come with a bunch of chains. If I get an aftermarket P/C I'll still have the stock one and maybe I can epoxy the insert in place, then if I keep it for my personal saw I'll know what I'm dealing with on the plug.

Remember, what happened here was not intentional.

Maybe that came off wrong. You splitting the cost is more than fair (the smiley was supposed to mean that). :msp_biggrin:

I feel the need to cover everything. This is my 1st mishap and I would like to make it right.

$70 is the aftermarket deal. ebay is full of Jokers and thats why I come here. If you want to wait a couple more days or weeks. We can both keep an eye out.

I want to make this right. Its not about making money. I work a full time job. This is my hobby that fuels my CAD and I love to do it.

Please don't think this is an insult or me saying your offer isnt fair. You have been more than forgiving in your PM's and posts. This is me and my pride wanting to do the right thing. I should have pulled that dam plug and checked the comp.... So please let me own this one. :buttkick:

My opinion from a neutral standpoint is when you send me your saw Dex I'll get a kit I've looked over and a couple little things I believe every 350 needs. I'm still jealous his saw is so dang purdy:msp_wub:

This tred is so cool There are lot's of great folk's on AS this just goes to prove there are still fine foke's around to the buyer and seller my hat is off to both you guy's and Moody hat's off to.
Mike

Not to be nosey or anything but does the saw have a Helicoil Insert or a Timesert? If it has the helicoil type those can be removed and a Timesert type kit can be bought and Installed.the Timesert type insert is just as good if not better than the original threads.

Not to be nosey or anything but does the saw have a Helicoil Insert or a Timesert? If it has the helicoil type those can be removed and a Timesert type kit can be bought and Installed.the Timesert type insert is just as good if not better than the original threads.

The insert is not a helicoil. It is an insert that looks like the cheaper repair kits on ebay. The insert is stuck on the plug and the threads in the head aren't too great. The plug does tighten up after a couple turns but it really feels bad going in. Don't know if a new insert could be installed with high temp epoxy? What temp does the spark plug area of a jug run?

If it were me I would reseal with either red or copper High temp silicone.High temperature epoxy may (Just my Opinion) break loose from Vibration and pressure.You may try another (Better) Insert.I don't think you'll see over 400F in the combustion chamber.Been a long time since I've been into bike tuning since Life took over full time so I have forgot a lot of things.If I do happen to give anyone a slightly wrong answer please forgive me.:laugh:

Just got back!!

Sorry fellas. Been on vacation and just got home. Until I hit Ohio, my phone was dead in Pa. I got 33 emails on this email account. Got almost 100 when on my gmail when we hit the 1st sign of 3G.

Sent the member above a message. Hoping something works out soon. I hate the fact that there are loose ends.

Atlarge54- If you find something locally or on FleaBay, send a link or a PM. And I will purchase or send a MO in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back