husqvarna 350 goes crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake99

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need some help with my husqvarna 350
It is impossible to adjust the carb ???
The engine idle speeds revs up time from time,without touching the saw,even to a speed i need to shut the engine down.
the carb setting is low 1 turn and high 1 turn (basic settings according the manual.
The saw is +- 10 years old,time to buy a new carb?

Sounds like your saw has a air leak. Being 10 years old your saw has a plastic partition clamp. It should be switched over to the new metal style. Also inspect the intake boot and impulse line. If you don't know how to do a pressure/leak down test do a seach on here and get the details. Do not run the untill you find the leak. Hope this helps.

sounds like it could be a vacuum leek.

Given the symptom, that's pretty likely. Seems like these had an issues with the early-style intake clamp. I'd be wiggling things while the saw is running to see if I could force an RPM change. A little history on the saw would be good... you buy it new? Head bolts and main seals is where I'd go if it isn't intake.

img1969v.jpg

this is an 034 it will give you the general idea of what to do block the intake and exhaust ports and get a pressure/vac tester some do both some do one the mitivac 8500 works good.

Also check the fuel line first, where it comes out of the tank. Pretty common for them to go. Give it a lil pull and check for cracks.

Given the symptom, that's pretty likely. Seems like these had an issues with the early-style intake clamp. I'd be wiggling things while the saw is running to see if I could force an RPM change. A little history on the saw would be good... you buy it new? Head bolts and main seals is where I'd go if it isn't't intake.

sorry for my English.

You are correct the clamp came of and it is a plastic type and doesn't clamp very well.When i pushed the carb on the back (towards the engine) the engine speeds dropped even until he stalls but not every time.

10 years ago it was new :)
the increased idle speeds is there for a "long" time but not extreme as now.

We changed a piston once,(a year ago)because we made a little hole in it :(
and i have to admit that we didn't changed the gasket underneath the cylinder

the vac/press test could give a answer.any links where to buy these testers ?

thanks in advance to everyone.

Sounds like your saw has a air leak. Being 10 years old your saw has a plastic partition clamp. It should be switched over to the new metal style. Also inspect the intake boot and impulse line. If you don't know how to do a pressure/leak down test do a seach on here and get the details. Do not run the untill you find the leak. Hope this helps.

Yes, air leak - don't run the saw before it is fixed! ;)

On the Stihl platform that the picture is on, the impulse line nipple is right there. If you keep a plug in it, block off the intake and the exhaust, you can pull through the impulse on some heads.

Jason

I would try to check the intake boot, cracked on my Partner 543 (basicly the same intake as a Husky 55) , and it had the same symptomps as your saw.

I need some help with my husqvarna 350
It is impossible to adjust the carb ???
The engine idle speeds revs up time from time,without touching the saw,even to a speed i need to shut the engine down.
the carb setting is low 1 turn and high 1 turn (basic settings according the manual.
The saw is +- 10 years old,time to buy a new carb?

The actual problem was found,it was the sealing between the alloy and plastik crankhousing.

Rgds,
Jan

Latest posts

Back