• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husqvarna 351 or 353 for 346 conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudzone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
... Looking for a mag case 351/353 for a 346 conversion, not necessarily running or in good condition. I don't mind getting some missing parts, so it does not need to be complete.

I'm learning some of the various, popular builds and want to do a metal case 346. I already got nice 350 from Kegerator5 that turned out great. Cuinrearview has a nice 351 here, too, but I want to keep this low-budget.

Thanks
Chris

... Looking for a mag case 351/353 for a 346 conversion, not necessarily running or in good condition. I don't mind getting some missing parts, so it does not need to be complete.

I'm learning some of the various, popular builds and want to do a metal case 346. I already got nice 350 from Kegerator5 that turned out great. Cuinrearview has a nice 351 here, too, but I want to keep this low-budget.

Thanks
Chris
What's "low budget" as far as purchasing the initial saw.

Seems like the badly trashed 35x carcasses on flea bay are usually 50-100. $200+ seems to get one a running saw or close. With that in mind, I was hoping for the 100-175 range. Thanks.
That's helpful, I don't watch parts saws on ebay much.
Are you open to jreds, like a 2152?
Let me see what I can find for you.

I just built a 2149 like you're wanting to do. I like it so far, but it's going to be a break even proposition at best if I ever sell it. Sometimes you gotta pay to play. If the 351 doesn't sell you'll see the cylinder and piston in the "parts" section here.IMAG1312.jpg Good luck with your search.

I just built a 2149 like you're wanting to do. I like it so far, but it's going to be a break even proposition at best if I ever sell it. Sometimes you gotta pay to play. If the 351 doesn't sell you'll see the cylinder and piston in the "parts" section here.View attachment 576073 Good luck with your search.
But it's still cheaper than buying a 346 most times unless you get a great a deal :yes:.
Spudz, I checked around a bit and haven't come up with anything yet. Personally as my neighbor :rolleyes: has said you can buy one completed for so close in cost and not have to do anything.
I have running 351, 2152c, and a 346oe that needs a carb cleaning(I think, this one is a little more $) for about what you will have into building one, although it won't have a brand new P&C as the one you would build.
I also have various husky 55's that are fun to play with , two with closed ports:dancing:.

From what I've seen, you're going to be between $300-$350 into one if you build it and sell parts you replace. People seem to value even the parts of these saws.

The cheaper you start the more work you'll have to do, and you'll give any savings on the initial purchase back in parts building it.

There are always exceptions. Keep an eye out for deals. I drug another Dolmar home just last night, because I couldn't not buy it:omg:

From what I've seen, you're going to be between $300-$350 into one if you build it and sell parts you replace. People seem to value even the parts of these saws.

The cheaper you start the more work you'll have to do, and you'll give any savings on the initial purchase back in parts building it.

There are always exceptions. Keep an eye out for deals. I drug another Dolmar home just last night, because I couldn't not buy it:omg:

You're probably right on with your estimate. I just hate to tear down a good working saw for a project. Thanks to everyone here for the wealth of knowledge and willingness to help!

I'd you're not dead set on orange, I have a nice running 'red 2145 I could be convinced to part with...

CU, Chipper, Rupe - I found the project I was looking for. Thanks for digging through your bins for me.

Now, to find a saw to go with that new 357xp p&c sitting on my bench... ;-)

Back