HUsqvarna 359 - what 20" replacement bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 20" oregon pro lite/husky pro lite on the 357. I wouldn't want anything shorter than that on it. I would almost try a 24" out on it if I thought it would oil it. I hate reaching a lot.

I got a 20" oregon pro lite/husky pro lite on the 357. I wouldn't want anything shorter than that on it. I would almost try a 24" out on it if I thought it would oil it. I hate reaching a lot.
My favorite combination (go ahead and laugh) was a 20" 70 driver Oregon pro lite in k041. Yes it was modified to fit and seemed really light. I believe it was a 200GLGK041. Looked a tad goofy because it was narrow, unlike the typical small mount bars.

The 359 isn't a strong 60 cc saw, and they balance better with the shorter bar anyway.
I will be the first to admit I have lived a very sheltered life when it comes to different saws but my 359 is no slouch. l am around buddies with 50 to 60cc Stihls and either of my Huskys will hold their own. That said I love the 20" bar on my 359

I will be the first to admit I have lived a very sheltered life when it comes to different saws but my 359 is no slouch. l am around buddies with 50 to 60cc Stihls and either of my Huskys will hold their own. That said I love the 20" bar on my 359

I do not cut much wood at all. I see no need to compare a "landowner" saw to a "professional" XP series saw.

I must admit that the only other chainsaws that I have used was an old Homelite, Stihl 390 and Stihl 029. IMHO, my 359 would outcut any of them and is plenty for my needs.

I'm in Saw Trolls camp on this one. My 359 came with a 20 in bar - I thought it pulled it well enough. My 372 came with 24 inch bar - it pulls that well, but I didn't always need a 24 inch bar - but obviously prefer using the 372 so I've put a 20 in bar on the 372 for majority of my cutting - so I went with 18 in bar on the 359. I've seen the ST light on this. Not only is it easier for the saw to pull the shorter length, it provides the awesome two stroke power feeling.
For the OP - If it's an extra bar - not sure why you would go with the same length. I understand if it's a replacement bar - but why not give yourself a couple different options depending on what you are cutting. I haven't tried a 16 inch bar on the 359, but I will tell you that I prefer the 18 inch bar over the 20 inch on the 359.

I'm in Saw Trolls camp on this one. My 359 came with a 20 in bar - I thought it pulled it well enough. My 372 came with 24 inch bar - it pulls that well, but I didn't always need a 24 inch bar - but obviously prefer using the 372 so I've put a 20 in bar on the 372 for majority of my cutting - so I went with 18 in bar on the 359. I've seen the ST light on this. Not only is it easier for the saw to pull the shorter length, it provides the awesome two stroke power feeling.
For the OP - If it's an extra bar - not sure why you would go with the same length. I understand if it's a replacement bar - but why not give yourself a couple different options depending on what you are cutting. I haven't tried a 16 inch bar on the 359, but I will tell you that I prefer the 18 inch bar over the 20 inch on the 359.
Ok Ok 20" half skip then! :D

Because then I have to buy different loops of chain. I would rather just keep everything simple. I am not that good of a chainsaw operator that I would notice a difference between 18" and 20" of bar length.

I thought "size doesn't matter!" ;)

Because then I have to buy different loops of chain. I would rather just keep everything simple. I am not that good of a chainsaw operator that I would notice a difference between 18" and 20" of bar length.

I thought "size doesn't matter!" ;)

"they" changed that years ago and turns out size does matter!!! Go big or go home, :clap::chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back