Husqvarna 36 Date if Manufacturers Question…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskan Stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Trying to get this Husky model 36 in tip-top condition and discovered there are (3) Illustrated Parts Lists out there based on year of manufacture.

I did some research to see if the serial number would indicate which year it was made and the directions I found were confusing at best.

This saw has a Silver Plate that is riveted under the cover. It has a (8) digit numerical number that reads:

207000xx (last two digits withheld)

According to directions that I found online…this serial number is suppose to have (7) digits or possibly (9) digits…but there is no discussion of (8) digits…huh?

What am I missing here? Looks like this might be a 2002 or possible 2000? Then again, one of the websites states that “if it has a dark grey top cover” (which this one has) then it was definitely manufactured in the 1980’s.

I give up….

Can anyone tell with some certainty which year of saw this is?

Thanks!

Chevyboy0167:

Yup, I visited that site as well. That is the one that added to the confusion…as noticed on the table that is listed, nothing says anything about (8) digit serial numbers…it mentions all other arrays (7,9 etc) but no mention of (8).

Who knows?

I had a model 36 god saw I cut lotta live oak n mesquite trees with it best damn saw I owned till my daughter took it to pawn shop for drugs

Back