Husqvarna 36 flooding help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_289

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I acquired a parts saw a few weeks ago that seemed to have good compression and spark. I decided to fix it up to make a small limbing/loaner saw. I flooded it before I put the fuel line in by pouring too much gas in the carb. It fired up the next day for a few seconds till the gas was gone. I've got it all together now and I cant get it to hit. It gets extremely flooded. So much so that it will blow out of the muffler and pour out of the spark plug hole if the exhaust and intake ports are open. What am I missing here? I'm in too deep to stop now! I should have just bought one of the Ebay jonsereds lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Is it in the sun? Pressure buildup in the tank. Weak spring in the carb. Needle seat is worn or cracked

Sent from Tapatalk

Which carb do you have? It's either a WT-239 or WT-350. 239 initial settings are 1 and 1 while the 350 is 1 1/2 and 2. Check your settings and if they're close to those you'll need to test the carb for a leaking inlet needle.

Which carb do you have? It's either a WT-239 or WT-350. 239 initial settings are 1 and 1 while the 350 is 1 1/2 and 2. Check your settings and if they're close to those you'll need to test the carb for a leaking inlet needle.
It's a 239. I put a kit in it but the needle in kit was too big. The needle tip looked good. It was at 1 1/2 on the h and l screws, I backed it up to 1 but it's still flooding like crazy after a few pulls. How do I test the carb?

I probably should have just got a new carb. Are the aftermarket ones decent or do i need to get a new warlbro?

I’ve bought about 10 amazon carbs so far, no issues yet

Sent from Tapatalk

Well I went down the rabbit hole on this little saw. I was too deep to stop! New bar, chain, clutch, sprocket, brake cover, fuel lines , filter and finally a new zama carb and it seems to be purring like a kitten! I hope it cuts good, I damn near could have bought a new one but I wanted to see if I could make it go again. I'll cut some wood tomorrow after work and report back.

Anyone else get into the same situation where it's to late to stop?
e311d6535d58ad2beb381b6e44ae3e77.jpg
72249b359d155a27ebc1d2c81613be73.jpg

Cut a few trees down this evening with my 026. Tried the little husky out on some limbs. Saw cuts good. You definitely cannot push it like you can a big saw but it will do exactly what I want it for. I might play with the carb settings a bit. It's just a little bit slow on the throttle.

Cut a few trees down this evening with my 026. Tried the little husky out on some limbs. Saw cuts good. You definitely cannot push it like you can a big saw but it will do exactly what I want it for. I might play with the carb settings a bit. It's just a little bit slow on the throttle.

This will make a huge difference
1e1ae0c5b1ace15f1c6890d932a28ffd.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Back