Stihl Contra - Extreme Flooding...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I recently did a complete rebuild on a Stihl Contra and it won't start. It has great spark but seems to flood really easily. I spent a few minutes trying to start it, pulling the plug out, drying it off, etc, and when I was done trying and going to put it up, about 1/4 cup of fuel poured out of the exhaust, so it certainly appears to be getting way more fuel than it needs.

I plan to remove the carb and disassemble it, but any thoughts on where I should focus?

Thanks

Scott

So I recently did a complete rebuild on a Stihl Contra and it won't start. It has great spark but seems to flood really easily. I spent a few minutes trying to start it, pulling the plug out, drying it off, etc, and when I was done trying and going to put it up, about 1/4 cup of fuel poured out of the exhaust, so it certainly appears to be getting way more fuel than it needs.

I plan to remove the carb and disassemble it, but any thoughts on where I should focus?

Thanks

Scott
Carb needle and seat is leaking and/or the diaphragms are as stiff as cardboard.

Latest posts

Back