Husqvarna 362xp special rebuild - sell it or keep it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnT34

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 2002 362xp special as I have never seen one for sale and it looked cosmetically very clean even though it was filthy. The barcode sticker was still on the tank which for me says it never did much work
Bought as spares or repairs for €180
Had zero compression piston and cylinder was scored. Passed pressure and vacuum test so I am presuming straight petrol was used in it
Put a piston in it had to go oem as I couldn’t find any meteor option - oem piston cost €100
The question is to keep it or sell it, also I put a new bar and chain on itIMG_1343.jpgIMG_1345.jpgIMG_1346.jpgIMG_1347.jpgIMG_1344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

372 or 365 OE top end will work fine and maybe cheaper. No mods needed. I have 3 362's on my shelves now.

If she runs good I keep it and run it. Sharpen the chain with the file n guide, do the gullet and off she goes. I sharpen new chains too.

Picked up a 2002 362xp special as I have never seen one for sale and it looked cosmetically very clean even though it was filthy. The barcode sticker was still on the tank which for me says it never did much work
Bought as spares or repairs for €180
Had zero compression piston and cylinder was scored. Passed pressure and vacuum test so I am presuming straight petrol was used in it
Put a piston in it had to go oem as I couldn’t find any meteor option - oem piston cost €100
The question is to keep it or sell it, also I put a new bar and chain on itView attachment 741789View attachment 741790View attachment 741791View attachment 741792View attachment 741793

Keep it it'll make a fine saw
https://m.ebay.ie/itm/OEM-Husqvarna...220462?hash=item4b4d0ca0ee:g:BF4AAOSwIwBbgquR
The am hyway big bore kits have been excellent runner's for me.
Ebay ireland 89€ or so

Yes she runs very nice i am impressed with the performance on a 20” bar and 73lpx chain considering its only 62cc
I did a base gasket delete and pressure and vac tested before running
Must do a compression test as well to see where she’s at
I set her to 13200 rpm not sure if it’s able for higher rpm

It’s decided I am going to keep it
I have 365 special, 372 x torque so it’s missing from my lineup

Latest posts

Back