Husqvarna 365 should I ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ray

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Passed on a 365 sat at flea market as I wasn't familiar with one, and when He cranked it he made it scream for about 30 seconds before I could get him to shut it off. I was going to lift it by pull rope as a crude compression ck couldn't get it off the ground as the engine just turned over. He offered it to me for 150.00 but I passed as I also considered it could be a "HOT" saw in the worst way. I'll ck next week if he still has it ,should I buy it,? I really don't need it as I already have two makita 6401's, but need and want aren't the same thing. Tell me what I should do.

Did it scream for 30 seconds because he went from start to WOT, or because it has a massive air leak?
Maybe it does not idle no more, so from start he nailed it to mask a fault?
Maybe it is hot- but you didnt know that for sure before buying it.

Do you need it with two 6401's at home- well no, but what are the bar and chain on the 365 like? Whats a bar and chain worth in your area? Because the 365 set will bolt up to your 6401's just fine and dandy.
You can always turn it into a 372........

Thats what I thought would offer , it ran fine he was betting a guy 5 bucks it would start on first pull prospective buyer wouldn't take the bet. I was leary about the compression.

Back