husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny3411

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well Im in love guys, this is truly a great saw. Did some cutting today and it went great. Im definelty holding on to this saw. Thanks to FattyMcgee on here for suggesting to buy this saw, and thanks to 04ultra as well for providing the Sugihara bar. It cuts quite well with the 18" and 8t sprocket. I couldnt get a 66 link chain on though, ended using a 68. Perhaps with a 7t sprocket the 66dl chain might just squeeze on. Now for the mods..Im debating on just putting the xpw cylinder on myself..or having the saw sent off and getting worked on by pro...perhaps ported the cylinder as well. Anyone have some suggestions on a good place to get this saw worked on?

Attachments

• 20170218_164714.jpg
    20170218_164714.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • 20170218_164748.jpg
    20170218_164748.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 64
I already have the 51.4 cylinder. Im shooting to go with a new x torq carb, the xpw cylinder and a opened up muffler. Dont know about splitting the case, shouldnt have to. I dont know if I should have the xpw cylinder ported or not, it would def eat some gas.

If it runs good I wouldn't waste my time making it an x torq. Run the piss out of it as is till it needs overhaul. You can do some simple muff mod and maybe base gasket delete to get mild improvements, better yet keep the chain sharp and cut wood.

Many people go the opposite way and convert the x torq back to regular XP config.

Nice saw BTW!!

Looks good man! Im digging the sugihara bar. That is one clean saw.
starter cover is new, i replaced that. but the saw is clean, your right. i cleaned it all with naphtha to get most the grease spots/stains off. great saw, im really enjoying it. if you were doing a rebuild on one of these, would you delete the cylinder gasket, or use one?

If it runs good I wouldn't waste my time making it an x torq. Run the piss out of it as is till it needs overhaul. You can do some simple muff mod and maybe base gasket delete to get mild improvements, better yet keep the chain sharp and cut wood.

Many people go the opposite way and convert the x torq back to regular XP config.

Nice saw BTW!!

XPW cyl does not make it an XT. It is just a bigger bore non-stratified old school cylinder making it 75cc as opposed to the standard 71cc 372 OE or XT. He just wants to jump up to the XT carb which is a fair bit larger than any of the previous 372 carbs and probably isn't a bad idea to better feed a ported XPW.

OP, my ported XPW is a strong runner. Plenty of guys here that can port one for you if you go that route. But here is another alternative idea that dovetails in with super3's recommendation to port the 365 cyl: Sell the XPW cylinder to help finance the port job on the 365 cyl?

this saw may be for sale here quite quick gents, and correct, just using the x torq carb is all. was planning anyway..heres what happened. i ended up getting an awesome deal on a new 365 x torq. so..ill most likely be putting the xpw cylinder onto that saw, and then either keep this 365 special, or let it go so i can help with building the 365 x torq. really all i want to do is take the new 365 x torq saw, put the 51.4 xpw cylinder on, ported or not, not sure yet, and a muffler mod. then put the top cover from a 365 special on it, take care of it and have an awesome saw that should be around for a long time to come.

XPW cyl does not make it an XT. It is just a bigger bore non-stratified old school cylinder making it 75cc as opposed to the standard 71cc 372 OE or XT. He just wants to jump up to the XT carb which is a fair bit larger than any of the previous 372 carbs and probably isn't a bad idea to better feed a ported XPW.

OP, my ported XPW is a strong runner. Plenty of guys here that can port one for you if you go that route. But here is another alternative idea that dovetails in with super3's recommendation to port the 365 cyl: Sell the XPW cylinder to help finance the port job on the 365 cyl?
who would recommend to give my cylinder to for a port job?

Latest posts

Back