Husqvarna 371 carb tuning problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jza

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys having problems tuning a 371 I've rebuilt.

The saw will idle flat , sideways , upside down . As soon as I tilt it forward it acts as it's going rich and sometimes stall .

I have my low jet at 1 ( started at 1 1/4 ) . Do I need to go leaner ?

The saw has good throttle response and good rpms in the cut

It is rich,since tilting the saw forward stalls the engine.

Have you installed the OEM carburetor or other ?

Just one turn out of the L does not
justify the saw idling rich .
At how many rpm the saw idles ?
What is the adjustment on idle throttling ( LA or T ) ?

Check also the metering lever of the carburetor.If it's too high it will cause a rich mixture situation .
Check if the metering diaphragm is the correct one .
Check also the needle.If it is scored ( ring groove near the tip ) it will not seal sufficiently ,letting fuel to enter the metering chamber.
Which carburetor the saw has ?

Just one turn out of the L does not
justify the saw idling rich .
At how many rpm the saw idles ?
What is the adjustment on idle throttling ( LA or T ) ?

Check also the metering lever of the carburetor.If it's too high it will cause a rich mixture situation .
Check if the metering diaphragm is the correct one .
Check also the needle.If it is scored ( ring groove near the tip ) it will not seal sufficiently ,letting fuel to enter the metering chamber.
Which carburetor the saw has ?

I've had to set the idle abit higher so counter the rich tilt . The chain doesn't turn but it wouldn't be far away ..

When I get a chance I'll check the carb brand . Would you recommend a carb kit ?

You will have to check the brand and type of the carb .
Then inspect the needle and metering lever height .
Usually when rebuilding a saw ,
the carburetor either has to be cleaned and serviced or has to be replaced altogether .

You will have to check the brand and type of the carb .
Then inspect the needle and metering lever height .
Usually when rebuilding a saw ,
the carburetor either has to be cleaned and serviced or has to be replaced altogether .
It's a walbro carb . I pulled it apart last night and gave everything a clean with carb cleaner . Seems to of done the trick . The low jet is now set at 1 1/8ish and idles on all angles now. It was abit fiddly to tune but runs way better then before

I'm running 40:1 as well . I try not idle my saws as much as possible unless there warming up

Thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back