husqvarna 371xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

west county

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hay all, found this site after I beating myself up trying to get my old homelite 350 to run. Ive given up on it, time for something else. I have a couple of partners that were running the husqvarnas and they said thats what I should get. Thats where you'all came in. Started searching for info on the huskys and found this site. Everyone seems to say that the 372xp is a good saw, large for a mid size, but all good reveiws. Started looking for one and low and behold another friend happened to have a very low hour 371xp that he needs to get rid of. My question is other that 1 cc and age, what is the differance in the two? Is this a saw with the same go-to action as the newer 372xp? Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Both saws are basically the same, the 371 came first and then the 372 with a few improvements. Things like a see-thru tank and outside chain adjustments.

QUOTE: "the 372xp was a good saw"

The 372XP IS a good saw, and is apparently still in the Husky line-up of new saws, last I heard.

its the same thing, they cut, look and feel exactly the same with a few differences
the only improvement worth mentioning on the 372xp is the side chain tentioner where the 371xp adjusts next to the bar at the front of the saw.

there are a few smaller differences like the 371xp having a single ring piston and the plastic on the flywheel cover has a little bit of bracing between the plastic air slots.
buy that 371xp, i own both and if the stickers fell off of them i would never know which one i was using.

Deals work

If you can pick up a good used 371XP with a known lineage by all means go for it. It's a good saw, plenty of parts availability.

Based upon the OP, the person with the saw needs to sell it so I'm sure cash will talk. Nothing wrong with getting a deal. Sure sometimes it feels like you may be taking advantage of a situation, but just keep in mind if you don't someone else will.

Take Care

Both saws are basically the same, the 371 came first and then the 372 with a few improvements. Things like a see-thru tank and outside chain adjustments.

My new 372 has no see- thru tank, unless my 372 is old inventory.

its the same thing, they cut, look and feel exactly the same with a few differences
the only improvement worth mentioning on the 372xp is the side chain tentioner where the 371xp adjusts next to the bar at the front of the saw.

there are a few smaller differences like the 371xp having a single ring piston and the plastic on the flywheel cover has a little bit of bracing between the plastic air slots.
buy that 371xp, i own both and if the stickers fell off of them i would never know which one i was using.

The two-ring 372xp is mostly a US thing, and has little to do with 371 vs 372. They still are single ring here, as far as I know......

The case of the 372 is reinforced, making it a tad heavier.

To the OP, they both are 70.7cc/3.9kW, except the later 372xpws, that are close to 75cc.

Latest posts

Back