Husqvarna 372 brake handle screw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I realized my craigslist special 372 is missing a screw where its brake handle/hand guard connects with its post on the clutch side of the saw.

The part number is 503202512.

I got the screw from my nearest dealer but the guy is a bit of a goon and I'm worried it's the wrong one. It seems too long. Does this look right to you? It seems like it will stick out some.

C1DDGl.jpg

Looks right. Plenty of clearance in there. I sometimes put nylon inserted nuts on tho
PHP:
se.

The length of the threaded portion is 0.5"

Don't worry about it though, it seems right.I was bored at work when I made the thread--I had picked up the screw at lunch.

Thanks everyone

Any 4mm machine screw, slotted, hex, or Phillips will work there. As long as it's not sticking out more than 1/2" beyond the brake handle you're good to go.

I was going to make a sarcastic comment about over-engineering a brake handle screw but everyone has been so thin-skinned lately I backed off.

Yup! this 10 year old thread helped me out. Thanks Jacob J.! Went to TSC and picked up a 4mm hex. Thanks again. This is why I love this site!
Oh yeah...it was nice seeing SkipptyKTM's profile and Mike's. :)

This Thread saved me again…forgot the size of the bolt and arboristsite to the rescue. Still running the 372 that Skippyktm sold be a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back