Husqvarna 372 or 576

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is time to put my 29 year old 266SE on the second string for a well deserved rest (rest for both me and old faithful as she is hard to keep running reliably given hard to find parts and such).

Why is it hard to keep running reliably? I can help you out with that. You may still want to invest in a new(er) saw but the 266 can still be a reliable backup for you ;)

Why is it hard to keep running reliably? I can help you out with that. You may still want to invest in a new(er) saw but the 266 can still be a reliable backup for you ;)

That's what I was thinking. And what parts is the OP unable to find? Carb kits are certainly available, as are most individual parts or even a complete new carb if necessary. Some external stuff or a new jug are NLA, but parts availability for the 266 is really good. Especially considering it's age.

For what you are doing go with the 372 or 562. Since I have the 562 the 372 has only been run 2 times this year, it will get run tonight to buck up a couple of 20"+ maples but the 562 is the go to saw for me. The 576 IMHO would be the perfect bucking saw for hardwood logging but more than needed for most firewood. CJ

Back