Husqvarna 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently swapped my 50mm cylinder and piston with a oem big bore cylinder and piston on my 372 husky. The saw won't run correctly for felling and it doesn't burn fuel clean. I've adjusted the carb for correct mixture, but it doesn't help at all. I was just wondering if you have to change carb with a husky xpw one for the larger intake port? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I recently swapped my 50mm cylinder and piston with a oem big bore cylinder and piston on my 372 husky. The saw won't run correctly for felling and it doesn't burn fuel clean. I've adjusted the carb for correct mixture, but it doesn't help at all. I was just wondering if you have to change carb with a husky xpw one for the larger intake port? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

The factory XPW 75cc cylinder came with a Walbro HD12B, same as the OE 372XP. But, you’ll definitely need to retune the carb with a new cylinder.

The transfer ports on the XPW cylinder are very small, and I’ve heard that they really need to be ported to run stronger than the XP cylinder.

Thanks for your help. I'll probably put the old the cylinder back on and have this one ported possibly then. Will the flywheel have to be repositioned and use an unlimited coil to use? Or is that not necessary?

Back