Husqvarna 372xp Non X-torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS Sniper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey, i'm debating whether or not to buy a brand new 2008 372xp non x-torq or to go with the new 372xp's. The seller will honor the warranty with the 2008 one. What are some advantages with buying the old one and not the new one? Is there anything I should be afraid of with the x-torq motor?. I've heard of a couple starting issues and stuff like that. Also, I'm not liking the new decompression valve on the top of the cylinder. Thanks,Matt.

The X-torq will have a little more grunt. Other than that you want the non XT model, there have been some reports of reliability issues with the XT 372's as well. The old 372's are just solid proven saws, that can make unbelievable power with port work.

There are members Right Now googling every husky dealer in Mass., planning on which ones to call tomorrow to check price and availability on a NOS '08 372xp....

I have several of the pre-xtroq versions that I really like.

A tree service were clearing the power lines across the street a couple days ago and the kid flooded the 372XT trying to start it cold.

There are members Right Now googling every husky dealer in Mass., planning on which ones to call tomorrow to check price and availability on a NOS '08 372xp....

Ohhhh don't worry, he's holding one for me right now.

Alright, I think i am going with the old 2008 version, which I was gonna do I just wanted to hear what you all had to say about the situation.
He's also got a couple 08 and 09 372xpw's on hand.......:D

The X-torq will have a little more grunt. Other than that you want the non XT model, there have been some reports of reliability issues with the XT 372's as well. The old 372's are just solid proven saws, that can make unbelievable power with port work.
Thanks for your input. When it comes to porting i'm out. I want the saw to really last and since i'm 14 I want it for a real while,so i'm gonna keep it all stock. Also, i like cutting wood, so if it's done faster in half the time with a ported saw, what else am i gonna do...:confused:?

Does that mean he has more than one? Just curious.

Eta: Asked and answered all in the same minute. Are you getting PMs yet?

Yup, he owns a diecast collectible shop in ct, but also sells logging equipment.. ain't that odd, anyway he must have bought them and held on until the time is right. he has the OE 346xp, some jonsereds, and husqvarnas. I think he has a couple 372xp' s and 372xpw's left.

Alright, I think i am going with the old 2008 version, which I was gonna do I just wanted to hear what you all had to say about the situation.
He's also got a couple 08 and 09 372xpw's on hand.......:D

If you plan on keeping the saw stock and if it's non XT as well, I'd definitely recommend getting the XPW, it should have the 74.6cc top end vs 70.7cc on the xp.

If you plan on keeping the saw stock and if it's non XT as well, I'd definitely recommend getting the XPW, it should have the 74.6cc top end vs 70.7cc on the xp.

do you think the few extra cc's will be noticeable? Plus, with the full wrap handles I do think they will get in the way when cutting stumps, plus it's more money.

do you think the few extra cc's will be noticeable? Plus, with the full wrap handles I do think they will get in the way when cutting stumps, plus it's more money.

The difference isn't huge, but it's there, mostly in torque. You could always sell the handle and replace it if it gets in the way. Obviously it's your choice, but stock I think you'd really like the extra torque IMHO. You be happy with either I'm sure.

Thanks for your input. When it comes to porting i'm out. I want the saw to really last and since i'm 14 I want it for a real while,so i'm gonna keep it all stock. Also, i like cutting wood, so if it's done faster in half the time with a ported saw, what else am i gonna do...:confused:?

When i was 14 i was trying to get PW but it had nothing to do with a chain saw.

When it comes to porting i'm out. I want the saw to really last and since i'm 14 I want it for a real while,so i'm gonna keep it all stock
You know if done right and not taken too far porting won't shorten the life of a saw. In fact it could possibly prolong it by optimising it for torque, power and cooling but at the cost of noise and emissions which is what the saw manufacturers have to compromise on. There are saw builders that could do this on here ;)

Back