husqvarna 372xp vs 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyjosh

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just put 300 dollars down to hold a 372xp at a dealership. one of my friends just bought a husky 359. He says it is ported and polished and has a muffler mod. He wants to go head to head when I get it and break it in. Which one will win? And what is a good chain?

If the 372 is new it will take a few tanks to get broke in and run better. I would think it would be close in wood less than 25". Full comp chisel square would be the fastest cutting.

I have to agree with sawtroll on this one it depends on what all has been done to the 359. If it was a good port job I would say the 359 will win in 18inch and under wood but in bigger wood like 22 inch plus I would say the 372 may shine but there are a lot of determining factors that play in.

A ported 359 should beat a stock 372. Seriously.
yup

I have to agree with sawtroll on this one it depends on what all has been done to the 359. If it was a good port job I would say the 359 will win in 18inch and under wood but in bigger wood like 22 inch plus I would say the 372 may shine but there are a lot of determining factors that play in.
If the 359 is done up right it will run with a stock 372 in smaller wood, as said 18" up to 22" - bigger wood the 372 will shine

I just got rid of a ported 359(Snellerized)and got a 371XP that I made a few cuts with and had that Snellerized.My ported 359 beat the stock 371XP,both with 20" bars and LGX round file in 18" wood,but not anymore:clap:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back