• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 385XP with new HD filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hello all,

I have a nice 385XP with the HD filter and cover.

This saw starts and runs great and she ain't a bad looker either!

It was actually owned by a homeowner who used it to fell and buck some huge cottonwood trees on his property. It only needed a few little things and a good cleaning.

The things that were done/replaced:

Detail cleaned/disassembled

Carb rebuilt

New impulse line

New oil pump worm

New inner bar plate to protect the case near the studs

New starter recoil cord

Plugged decomp -I don't like them unless you just have to have them

Purchased and installed new HD flocked filter and tall cover
(Original short cover and black/nylon filter will be included as well)

Original muffler was dented, so I replaced with the aftermarket one; I am sure a muffler mod alone would open up a lot more power, and it is already stout!

------------------

The piston and cylinder are original OEM and in good shape as pictured.

Compression of 130 pictured at 6,000 foot elevation, which is actually very strong and equals ~155psi at sea level (20% increase factored for elevation difference between 6,000 and sea level)

The only negative is that the end of the PTO side of the crank where the clip snaps on has a few chunks out of it, but it still retains the clip fine.

I am asking $650 PHO shipped to Con. USA

I also have a 20 inch power match?bar and a 36 inch Carlton bar and chain setup with 2 good chains each that I can include for an additional $140 shipped to Con. USA.

:surprised3: all these sexy big saws and no $

Exactly my problem, except on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I got all these sexy big saws and no money!!

I have a super nice, very low hour 371xp that I will probably put up for sale in the next day or so when I get done cleaning rebuilding the carb and cleaning it as well.

I think I have a local buyer for this 385xp, and he has become a frequent buyer from me as well, so that will work out good.

OP,

Before you let that saw go,

Please take a good pic of the bottom.

I've got one to go thru when I get home, and I can't remember what, but there is something fishy about the bottom.

Thank You

They are just right: I don't need anything else.

Thank You Again.

Back