• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 390XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoBigBlue1984

Right-wing conservative blue collar American
Reaction score
Selling a clean 390XP.
This saw was traded to me as a non runner. Upon inspection I found that the intake boot was torn under the clamp. Cylinder would've cleaned up fine but I purchased a new Mahle Top end and OEM intake boot to put on it.

Crank/bearings are smooth. Big end con rod bearing is in good shape, no slop.

Bone stock saw. W/gasket. It's been pressure/vac tested, no leaks.

I put an aftermarket muffler on it because the old one had a dent on the face. Nothing major, the hyway muffler just looked better.

Low top, new OEM filter. Full wrap and west coast dawgs. 8 pin rim. Tilly carb.

$600 plus shipping PHO to continental U.S.

If the buyer wants I will cut the base in the lathe for tighter squish and/or popup.

Any questions feel free to ask. I'll get some run time on it in the next couple days with some video. Piston picture/compression reading.

IMG_3994.JPG IMG_3995.JPG IMG_3996.JPG IMG_3997.JPG IMG_3998.JPG IMG_4001.JPG IMG_4002.JPG IMG_4003.JPG

Thank you Mike. I'm parting with some excess saws. I know you recently downsized as well.
I've got some I'm fond of that I'll keep, as well as a couple vintage big saws I'm looking for. I've just about parted ways with the 390's. I had four at one time.

The goal is to list one or two every couple of weeks. :(

Thank you Mike. I'm parting with some excess saws. I know you recently downsized as well.
I've got some I'm fond of that I'll keep, as well as a couple vintage big saws I'm looking for. I've just about parted ways with the 390's. I had four at one time.

The goal is to list one or two every couple of weeks. :(
Yep. Down to 4 runners. I've had a dozen of the 385/390 probably. Kind of want another one over the 661.

Dang it! Upcoming tuition keeps me out of the mix..but I want this one bad. I hope it's really and truly sold or the kid might have to borrow college $ from the gummint. Nice saw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you want to chat about my possible trade bait... ⚖......

Russ

Well that was exciting. Had agreed to a trade for the saw on the condition of it being ported. The other party backed out of the deal so the saw is back up for sale.

I'll post pics shortly showing what was done to the saw as well as a video of the initial test run after reassembly.

Took .050 off the base.
IMG_4076.JPG IMG_4078.JPG
Cut .040 from the band to run a gasket and set squish at .020
IMG_4079.JPG
Widened the intake port
IMG_4082.JPG
Raised the uppers to 119. Finished at 100/119/79
IMG_4101.JPG

Compression will be around 200. You gotta commit to pulling this thing over. Decomp is plugged now but I'll the send decomp with the saw or install it first.

Here's the first run after reassembly. It's tuned fat but I tune all my saws fat through a full tank or two after mods.

Latest posts

Back