Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
put some fuel or brake cleaner where the needle is and press the lever. should FLOW through to other side of carb easy.
Thanks! I’ll try that too.

I ordered a mityvac 8500, should be here Friday. Gonna start there and keep you guys updated.

I’ve been looking for the intake/exhaust and spark plug covers/adapters to do the pressure/vacuum tests and having a heck of a time finding anything online. Does anyone have any suggestions where to look for them or what I could use instead? I thought about making my own too, but would prefer to buy some (have too many things going on as is).

Piece of inner tube between muffler and cylinder and between intake carburetor. Spark Plug Adapter 503 84 40-02.

Piece of inner tube between muffler and cylinder and between intake carburetor. Spark Plug Adapter 503 84 40-02.

Thought about the inner tube and makes sense between the muffler and the cylinder but if I put it between the carb and cylinder on the intake side- what do I hook up to do the pressure test?

Any thoughts on the condition of the piston/cylinder based on the pictures? (Again, I realize they aren’t perfect...)
New 35$ or so Meteor piston/carb/gaskets/seals/fuel line and filter. Good to go.

I did a pressure test (and vac test) on the fuel tank - see video and picture. I tried to pump it up to 7 psi but gave up at 5. As you can see from the video, the only thing “leaking” is the tank vent- is that normal? All the videos I wat he’s on YouTube said that it should hold the 7 psi pressure without leaking. Any thoughts?

Apparently it won’t let me post a 5 second video- any suggestions on how to attach that?

Attachments

• FA07C8A5-A7C3-4AA5-B88A-7868F3B8C5FA.jpeg
    FA07C8A5-A7C3-4AA5-B88A-7868F3B8C5FA.jpeg
    731.6 KB · Views: 6
The tank is supposed to leak. The crankcase is what holds pressure at 7psi

Ok- so the vent bubbling up is fine, right?

I ordered the intake and exhaust covers cause the ones I made didn’t do well...I’ll post once I’ve done those tests too.

I’ve also read about pressure testing the carb- is that something I should do?

Back