Husqvarna 395 Hyway kit help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cas101326

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This Hyway titanickel big bore pop up kit was purchased earlier this year and installed on a 395xp, customer said it’s not had 2 tanks run through it and it sounded funny last time it was run and this is what I get when I tore it down. Is this the plating coming loose in the top of the cylinder or what? I’m really confused and have never seen this before, but never dealt with A.M. stuff muchIMG_1063.jpegIMG_1062.jpegIMG_1064.jpeg

I definitely know they aren’t the best, and I know what I would do also , but what I need is good information on what is happening here so i can contact the supplier and see if they will stand behind this or what

possible pre ignition, or water or other contaminates in the fuel, I think moisture can have a similiar effect on pistons

Porosity in the casting during the injection process maybe?

Either way, tell yer vendor that the top of the inside side of the cylinder, or combustion chamber, has/is flacking off in chunks. Hopefully the send ya a replacement or refund.

Now ya gotta flush out all the crap that's in the crankcase and hope it didn't smoke a crank or rod bearing or even damage a crank seal.

That’s what I was thinking, thank all of yall for the help. I will reach out to wolf creek and see what they will do, I’ve heard they are great to work with

Looks like the hemi part of the combustion chamber was coated in plating and that fancy plating is not supposed to be there because it can not handle the heat and force from the flame kernel directly causing delamination. Remember those cylinder coatings are harder than chrome steel meaning the crank bearings and the rod bearings are potentially damaged as well. It's sad your guy did not catch the bad plating job out of the box but I assume that plating was dull and appeared like it normal except at the squish band.

Latest posts

Back