• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 395XP #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here is the second 395XP same basic condition as the other $400 shipped in the states

upload_2014-4-17_22-28-52.jpegupload_2014-4-17_22-28-52.jpeg upload_2014-4-17_22-28-52.jpeg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
I have no idea what mix they were using. It is simply a saw sitting here I do not need. I have too many as it is.

I will do $350 to you

Im thinking more like 250.00 shipped to me. No idea what works or don't work. No history good or bad, cylinder kit and gaskets 125.00, maybe an oil pump. Carb kit, bar and chain and about 6 hours labor. I'd have close to 600 in it and my labor. No idea what you may have in it but the only one standing to lose on the deal is the guy who buys it.

Im thinking more like 250.00 shipped to me. No idea what works or don't work. No history good or bad, cylinder kit and gaskets 125.00, maybe an oil pump. Carb kit, bar and chain and about 6 hours labor. I'd have close to 600 in it and my labor. No idea what you may have in it but the only one standing to lose on the deal is the guy who buys it.

I agree with fixit1960, $350 is a little steep for a saw that needs an entire top end done. Saws run much higher price up here in Canada and the last 394xp I bought was a good running saw that needed nothing and I only paid $350 for it and it's essentially the same saw.

Ebay is your best bet for the money you want for theses saws, on AS people know what these things are worth.

Different saws Bill, but that is your ebay account correct?

My point is before you make a statement for everyone to read you should make sure you are correct.
People read your incorrect information and believe it to be true when it is not

Edited: not the same saw.
I agree with gunnusmc03 they ae not the same saw but they are similar and I think Bill owns them both. That being said I feel 350-400 is too much for a saw that we know needs a top end. My point is it may need carb work, oiler work and we know it will need a bar and chain. Even if I do the work I am going to place a value on it. I'm not saying his saw is junk, I think it has potential. My concern is with no history that it ran good an oiled good and had no problems until some one mixed a bad mix or over heated it or whatever I will have to assume the worst. Even if I went and looked at it it still won't tell me the things I need to know ot figure how much I may have to spend. No disrespect towards Bill intended. He may not know the whole story either. Just trying to barter for a saw.

Then buy accordingly. If you think he wants too much, you have two options:

- speaking with the seller and discuss the problems/concerns you have (IN PRIVATE)
- move on and find another similar item

You call the seller out in public and try to badger him into lowering his price. If I were Bill, you would be the last peeps I would sell this saw.

nmurph,

You said it much better than I could of and I sincerely thank you for that.

As for the saw in question. It is a parts/repair saw. There is no warranty as it is impossible to give it.

As for where the saw is for sale. It is for sale here

Yes I do sell on ebay. Yes I have a 395 on ebay. No it is not the same saw. My phone number is in most listings but I guess I left it out on this one 309-537-3181 evenings ONLY no cell

................... Even if I went and looked at it it still won't tell me the things I need to know ot figure how much I may have to spend. .......................

Well that is funny as there is a lot when you take a look at a saw.

I remember in late June 2008 a fine gentleman came down here from Canada to get some saws from me that he had purchased. While he was here we found quite a few others and struck deals on them. As the day was ending he spotted a Stihl BLK that was complete but needed crank bearings. I told him that one definitely need bearings and I had no history as it came with a load from Amsterdam. He asked how much and I told him how about $500. He asked what about the partially disassembled BLK sitting next to it. I told him flat out I considered in strictly parts as it had a busted flywheel, busted clutch, and who knows what else. He said lets take a better look. 30 minutes later the saw was completely disassembled and went home with him in a box of parts. He paid only slightly less for it and had many parts to replace.

Yes you can tell a bit by looking at a saw.

On a side note are you the gentleman that phoned me awhile back about a West Bend 820 powered saw? If I remember correctly that person was outside of Muscatine and worked for GPC

Well that is funny as there is a lot when you take a look at a saw.

I remember in late June 2008 a fine gentleman came down here from Canada to get some saws from me that he had purchased. While he was here we found quite a few others and struck deals on them. As the day was ending he spotted a Stihl BLK that was complete but needed crank bearings. I told him that one definitely need bearings and I had no history as it came with a load from Amsterdam. He asked how much and I told him how about $500. He asked what about the partially disassembled BLK sitting next to it. I told him flat out I considered in strictly parts as it had a busted flywheel, busted clutch, and who knows what else. He said lets take a better look. 30 minutes later the saw was completely disassembled and went home with him in a box of parts. He paid only slightly less for it and had many parts to replace.

Yes you can tell a bit by looking at a saw.

On a side note are you the gentleman that phoned me awhile back about a West Bend 820 powered saw? If I remember correctly that person was outside of Muscatine and worked for GPC
Sorry, I have never had an occasion to work on or own a West Bend powered saw. And although I work for a company close to GPC it isn't.
If you truly have a warehouse full I may give you a call and run over sometime. I am interested in a 90ish cc saw. Of course I'm not interested in a 700.00 price tag. I have 2 saw projects I have to get together for myself before starting anything else and business in the 2nd job is picking up again so time is becoming short. I will keep your number and give you a call. Sorry the past posts took on a negative turn. Again no disrespect intended.

No worries, you said I am overpriced and that is perfectly fine. That is your opinion.

Yeah gents if u want a 395 or 660 project that is what they bring. $350 would have been a fair deal for anyone.

Hello William,

That is the way I see it also but heck we all have different views, none are right, none are wrong they are just different perspectives. Just the other night I had a conversation with a gentleman in Canada that valued his saw at three times what I did. Well I was the one eating crow in the end when he traded the saw for more than what he valued it at.

If you live in Illinois City you wouldn't have to ship. I live in Muscatine. should be able to knock another 25.00 off for the shipping you won't have to pay. Now I'm at 225. About 36 more than your current high bid on the one on ebay.

Looks like you made an assumption a bit premature.

Latest posts

Back