• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Husqvarna 395xp for almost any pro level Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpdocdave

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm a stihl guy, hopefully a husky guy will want this trade. I drove 2 hours to pick up a nice 395xp, and it ain't for me. I've got all Stihl, and this saw has been nothing but a pain. Its in nice shape, and it has been great when it doesn't give me problems. The impulse line kept coming off, so I got that rectified after a few tries with a longer and tighter vacuum line. Now the flywheel broke, which is better than what I initially thought when it quit running, and acted like no compression. I have the new o.e. flywheel ordered, and it will be running perfect when I make a trade or sale. I took the cylinder off thinking a rod or something broke, and the cylinder, and piston look great. It has a fairly new GB 32" bar, and I also have 4 chains available to go with it also, 3 are unused since I've hardly had to sharpen even one.

I'm a stihl guy, I have 7 stihl saws, and one husky, I want a 660, maybe a 460 or 880.

I can post pics later, of cylinder and piston also if desired.

IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0289.JPG

Here's the only pics I have. I'm either looking for fairly even trade, or cash. I can add a little for a really nice saw, but I'm not looking to add more than a hundred bux. The 3 unused chains are Husqvarna chains btw.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 65
I think with 3 new husky chains and another bar and chain almost new, and a new $185 flywheel I'm at $850

I actually like that saw I paid $80 for, been a great reliable saw. Makes me want the jonesered 2095 that's for sale on here.

I am out of town but it went cold once I said a price. I feel that's a fair price but if I'm way off just say so, or no ones interested unless it's a giveaway:D

News about 1200 right? This bar is basically new and 4 new chains.

I figure this package is over 1300 new, am I off on this?

Ya, I just looked, $1,200 new plus tax almost 1300 plus chains at least 1400. I'm 550 under new purchase.

I see people selling a 660 with no extras for 1000 or more and I say id rather buy new for just a couple hundred dollar difference. I feel I'm a fair amount under new

Besides, I'm more interested in a 660 or 880 trade

News about 1200 right? This bar is basically new and 4 new chains.

I figure this package is over 1300 new, am I off on this?

Ya, I just looked, $1,200 new plus tax almost 1300 plus chains at least 1400. I'm 550 under new purchase.

I see people selling a 660 with no extras for 1000 or more and I say id rather buy new for just a couple hundred dollar difference. I feel I'm a fair amount under new

Besides, I'm more interested in a 660 or 880 trade

I see them local for $1020 with bar and chain or $960 for a full wrap pho. If I didn't have a 395 already I'd be willing to entertain trading the 088 for it.

I'd trade the 505 toward a 660 or 880 also, but that thing has filled the gap every time the husky let me down.

I see them local for $1020 with bar and chain or $960 for a full wrap pho. If I didn't have a 395 already I'd be willing to entertain trading the 088 for it.

Around here it's 1200. So have 2 huskys and trade me the 088 :clap:

Sorry I don't have either of those, just let me know if you decide to move it. Thanks!

You can pm me an offer of what you're wanting to pay for something like it. I am a stihl guy, the 505 and the husky are the only saws I own that aren't stihl. the 505 is in very nice shape also. I got it cheap but it didn't run when I got it, so it was a gamble that I actually won on for a change. The coil wire was rubbing on the flywheel. I fixed a couple small things and it has been a great saw. Looks like it hasn't seen heavy use.

She's back up and running, new o.e. flywheel. I pulled a compression test after re-assembling and its at 165 psi. Still wanting to trade for a 660 or 880

I have a stihl 064 that I converted to 066. It has one of the early no decomp jugs. I,opposite of you, have all husky saws and this is my only stihl. I have ran this saw for numerous tanks with 24" and 28" mainly just to half and quarter large logs and large bucking. Just looking back now I did the conversion about two years ago this saw has no issues what so ever.

Latest posts

Back