Husqvarna 395xp problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
At 7000', (even as lean as they set them from the factory these days) if the locks haven't been taken off, you're not getting it adjusted.
394's were prone to vapor lock because of their solid intake manifold block. The 395's went to the rubber insulated intake manifold and cured the issue.
If your saw stops slowly, suspect the the tank vent. If it stops like the switch was shut off, suspect the module.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
At 7000', (even as lean as they set them from the factory these days) if the locks haven't been taken off, you're not getting it adjusted.
394's were prone to vapor lock because of their solid intake manifold block. The 395's went to the rubber insulated intake manifold and cured the issue.
If your saw stops slowly, suspect the the tank vent. If it stops like the switch was shut off, suspect the module.
Regards
Gregg

--are those intake blocks interchangeable, as in, can you put the one from the 395 on a 394 directly, with no other changes being required?

--are those intake blocks interchangeable, as in, can you put the one from the 395 on a 394 directly, with no other changes being required?

No you have to change the cylinder and carb to use that intake block.

I picked my saw up today from the shop and it ran like a top. Cut 4 36' rounds and never died or even thought about dying whats so ever. I am a happy cuuter now.

they replaced the carb on and said there wasnt an issue with the coil.

I'm glad they finally got her running right. My 395 is 11 years old and with only basic maintenance, it is the most reliable, toughest saw I own. I have a whole bunch of saws, but I only depend on a couple of them to make a living, this 395 has never failed me.

Yea me to. I think a lot of it has to do with all the EPA BS they have to put on them. I'm gonna change the coil from the blue to the black coil from Bailys and do the muffler mod on it while it's still under warr. Cause those I change back if I need to take it in for a warr issue.

Latest posts

Back