Husqvarna 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna 435 that was brought to me with low compression. I took it apart and noticed it had a stuck ring but the piston and cylinder looked otherwise undamaged. I pried the ring off, cleaned the ring groove out and replaced it with a new Caber plus replacing all the seals and using Dirko on the crankcase halves. I got it all back together and gassed it up and it wouldn't run but for about 2 or 3 seconds and then it would die. I taped the throttle wide open and it still wouldn't keep running. I've replaced the spark plug , the fuel is unleaded plus no ethanol, 40:1. Spark looks okay, wondering if I should spring for a new carburetor...I tried adjusting the carb on both screws from about one turn to one and a half, don't know what it's supposed to be set at..

Okay, I went out and adjusted the carb to the settings you suggested and, although it starts easier it only runs for about 2 to 3 seconds and dies. I tried 1/2 turn on both screws in and out and it doesn't make much difference, still runs a bit and dies. I didn't notice when I had it apart whether or not it has an impulse hose or passage. I guess it's possible also that the coil might be intermittent, so right now I'm not sure which way to go...

you didn't use any dirko on the intake flange did you? It would be possible to block the impulse passage doing that.

My next thought would be to disassemble the carb to check that the diaphragms/gaskets are in the correct order.
View attachment 973886
No, I didn't use anything on the flange. I'm guessing the carb just needs cleaned and rebuilt. I don't know if the carb has ever been apart. If I work on it anymore I'll probably just get a new carb after I check the impulse passage. I took it back to the owner, all I was to do was rebuild the cylinder and re-seal the crankcase which I did..

No expert, but I do have a 435 that had the same issue. It would fire for a second or two and then die. After a little research I found that it could be the ignition module. I replaced it last fall and it's been running excellent since. It also eliminated its hot start issue. Mine is a 435 e II and the PN for the ignition module for mine was 579638804. Good luck!

I think I stumbled onto a new, or maybe the same problem: While trying to rev up the saw with the top cover off I noticed the screw coming loose on the coil. I tightened it up and checked the gap, which was okay but while turning the flywheel it felt like it had a really rough crank bearing. I'm wondering now if that bad bearing might make it not run very long before dying. Shaking the flywheel I can't tell that the bearing is really loose, just noisy..

I also took the carburetor off and checked the impulse passage with some flexible wire and the passage was clear. At this point I may be looking at another teardown...

Change those bearings with New ones asap...before they will damage (plastic) seat!

I think they are 6201 bearings...try to find them in C3 tolerance! (skf ina etc)
Gonna ask the owner tomorrow how much he wants to put into the saw, guessing he will say to fix it as cheap as possible.. should have changed them when I had it apart but they didn't seem too bad until I got it back together and turned it over a few times..

Back