Husqvarna 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to go to plan B since the saw seems to run but won't rev up or run for very long, I ordered a new carburetor with all the fixings on it, gaskets, fuel lines, etc. The saw seems to have plenty of spark so I chose not to replace the module, at least for now. The guys around here run mostly ethanol in their saws so it probably needed a new carb anyway...

I installed the new carburetor on it today and guess what...it runs exactly the same as it did with the old carb! The saw seemed to have plenty of spark so I haven't changed the coil--yet! I tried adjusting the carb but to no avail. I would tear down the cylinder assy. again but I'm pretty sure I got it sealed up good the first time. Gonna talk to the owner tomorrow and see if I can get some guidance on what he wants..

Unscrew its muffler....and try start it without it...

Maybe something has collapsed inside and restricts its flow...?
I had the muffler off when I replaced the piston ring, I checked it out then, seemed to be okay. I always inspect the muffler during a rebuild for clogging, never looked to see if it was one of the cat versions. It's an x-torq model so probably was. Kinda leaning now toward maybe the ignition module but it seems to have real good spark. Might be one of those that changes timing when rpm is increased.

It's kinda what the owner wants, if he wants cheapo parts that's what I put in, like I said, not my saw or I'd probably use this one for parts...
You are the luckiest guy around...you found some home owner willing to throw money after bad.....thats a big box store saw that routinely appears, at the big box stores sites....with the REF brand melted into the handle.. They aren't worth the time to do a compression test. Once they die, they get re-cycled. Milk that cow!

You are the luckiest guy around...you found some home owner willing to throw money after bad.....thats a big box store saw that routinely appears, at the big box stores sites....with the REF brand melted into the handle.. They aren't worth the time to do a compression test. Once they die, they get re-cycled. Milk that cow!
I agree with you that the saw isn't very good but I've seen them on ebay for around $300. I disagree with you about me being lucky or I'd have the darned thing running. If this had been a Stihl I could have had it running in the dark but seems many of these Huskys aren't very cooperative...

My first “good” saw was a 435 bought at Lowes in a “what can I afford right here right now” moment. That saw has cut more 2’ white pines down than it ever dreamed of. Quit on me years back after it ran out of fuel and wouldn’t start, never ran again. I still have it just because. Might fix it one day just for memories.

I agree with you that the saw isn't very good but I've seen them on ebay for around $300. I disagree with you about me being lucky or I'd have the darned thing running. If this had been a Stihl I could have had it running in the dark but seems many of these Huskys aren't very cooperative...
I was looking at a donor stihl 251 on that odd ball place . They are wanting more for used than dealers do for new (Or a lot has changed in the last few months) The owner is the one to decide the next t moves.

I have one setting here in a pile that looks like new almost runs exactly like yours. I rebuilt the carb and checked everything when I had it a part (did not do a pressure test as the POS looked pretty hard to block off.) Also even tried an aftermarket carb to no avail. The POS is pretty hard to work on and it is in the pile and may stay there until I run out of things to do. Those little saws sell cheap also. Not worth putting much time and money in IMO. The saw is very low hours has good compression and spark as I gave the guy $50 for it, as is, and I wish I had let him keep it. The generation of Husky saws before them in that class were pretty good 136, 142, 340, 345, 350, but those IMO are not as good.

I have one setting here in a pile that looks like new almost runs exactly like yours. I rebuilt the carb and checked everything when I had it a part (did not do a pressure test as the POS looked pretty hard to block off.) Also even tried an aftermarket carb to no avail. The POS is pretty hard to work on and it is in the pile and may stay there until I run out of things to do. Those little saws sell cheap also. Not worth putting much time and money in IMO. The saw is very low hours has good compression and spark as I gave the guy $50 for it, as is, and I wish I had let him keep it. The generation of Husky saws before them in that class were pretty good 136, 142, 340, 345, 350, but those IMO are not as good.
I have to agree with you, tried about everything I know except the coil but it had good spark. I put a coil tester on it and it showed good. Waiting for the owner to tell me to order a coil or just use the saw for a door stop. I agree also that it's hard to pressure test but even if it had a leak doubt I could fix it since I've already put all new seals in along with Dirko on the bottom end.

Try/test its maniford!

That "impulse" part/squared compartment can get damaged/pinched/busted....and then impulse(s) can escape into maniford...and carburetor doesnt work/deliever fuel properly

@3:20 to 3:35;)

Try/test its maniford!

That "impulse" part/squared compartment can get damaged/pinched/busted....and then impulse(s) can escape into maniford...and carburetor doesnt work/deliever fuel properly

@3:20 to 3:35;)

I actually put a new gasket over that area. It appears that it came originally without one, just the rubber on the intake but I put one on it that came with the carb. kit..

Latest posts

Back