Husqvarna 439

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of checked it out on the website. Seems kind of high vibration level for spring anti vibe. I could not find the manual but found the parts sheet, ipl. It is one of the "clamshell" type with the bottom shell being the part the bar attaches to. Looks like one bar stud.

I noticed a new battery saw the 120i. Two part numbers one $199, one $299. Lower chain speed than the 536li but gear reduction.

I kinda want to buy one... have large saws, but my go to is my 550xp, the 439 seems to have good power.... better than ms170/ms180

I saw one on the shelf at the local dealer this week. I assume that its a rear handle version of the T435...?

I want one of these! I always wanted a T435 but have no use for a top handle. It's a very close to a GZ4000 cylinder design, but clamshell and horizontal. Still has a metal bottom cap that carries the bar mount. 8.7lb.

So from what I can tell, it is a farm and ranch grade 35cc saw?

8.64 LB powerhead is quite impressive. Of course the price is quite a bit higher than most of the saws in that field so you are buying it for light weight.

Much like the 543 I do not see many of these selling when you compare the specs to what else is out there and then take into account the premium price. But I could be wrong.

So from what I can tell, it is a farm and ranch grade 35cc saw?

8.64 LB powerhead is quite impressive. Of course the price is quite a bit higher than most of the saws in that field so you are buying it for light weight.

Much like the 543 I do not see many of these selling when you compare the specs to what else is out there and then take into account the premium price. But I could be wrong.
Yeah, while I want one that is obscenely more more money than I'd be willing to pay for it. It would not do much different than my old McCulloch SE2012SE (MAC3200) with A/V, so it's impossible to justify it for me. But it's one to keep an eye out for used someday - I doubt there will be many sold, but they probably will not be highly valued either.

Looking at the ipl, it looks like a T435 turned into a rear handle.

Here's a cringe-worthy video of a couple Japanese guys piss reving the hell out of one.

I believe it is - and it is a Zenoah made model that reportedly has some quality issues. I don't remember what the reported issues are about though.

It is a "homeowner class" saw.
Well yes, but I have zero interest in what category some marketing department decided to place the thing. To me it is only a machine, and I look at the IPL and consider the design. The T435 and 439 are very clever and compact packaging designs with the excellent Zenoah strato system, very similar to the GZ4000 engine, which is what I find appealing.

I love top handles converted into rear handle saws, I'm a real sucker for them. I have a MS150rh & MS201rh and they make super light limbing saws for small wood. They are normally rare and unique as the price is quite high for their specs. But.....a LOT of R&D goes into TH saws keeping them compact and light, you see designs that are outside the 'traditional' platforms. I recently missed an Echo 25cc RH version of their latest CS-2510tes. I'd buy one of these huskies...just because.

I love top handles converted into rear handle saws, I'm a real sucker for them. I have a MS150rh & MS201rh and they make super light limbing saws for small wood. They are normally rare and unique as the price is quite high for their specs. But.....a LOT of R&D goes into TH saws keeping them compact and light, you see designs that are outside the 'traditional' platforms. I recently missed an Echo 25cc RH version of their latest CS-2510tes. I'd buy one of these huskies...just because.

I don't like such saws as "limbing saws" - as limbing is the most time consuming part of the cutting here (mostly birch), and far from all limbs are tiny. Also, limbing and bucking often is done at he same time, and those small saws slows the process down. I see them more as saws for thinning and random small stuff.

Each to their own though, cutting conditions vary a lot.

Been a couple years, anyone tried one? We’ve been clearing roads and using an MS241C and an 024 pretty much all day from ground to above head height. We’ve been considering a rear handle 200/201 or a couple of these. A couple pounds stretched over a day makes a huge difference, IMO.

Back