Husqvarna 439

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@a. palmer jr. The 439 is a rear handle, I’m not a fan of top handle for ground work, as I’m too tempted to use it one handed, which is about the only time I’ve ever felt like a kick back *could* have been an issue. I may be overly cautious, but caution is cheap.

I have the ole 355 xtp I think are the numerals and such. I only have it. 14 inch bar,lots of cutting from both sides of the log. My father always said,may not be the saw you want but its the saw ya need. They said i, run the **** out of it! She's amazing. Guy said I could run a 16,but I'm cutting a lot of pin oak and other dense hardwoods so I'm gonna leave it.
Ready for a new to me saw, am all arounder. What do we think gents

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

@a. palmer jr. The 439 is a rear handle, I’m not a fan of top handle for ground work, as I’m too tempted to use it one handed, which is about the only time I’ve ever felt like a kick back *could* have been an issue. I may be overly cautious, but caution is cheap.
Yeah, I usually use my top handles with two hands unless I have to reach out to cut something. The older Poulan 25 top handles didn't have much plastic in them and it was almost mandatory that people like me use both hands.

I have the ole 355 xtp I think are the numerals and such. I only have it. 14 inch bar,lots of cutting from both sides of the log. My father always said,may not be the saw you want but its the saw ya need. They said i, run the **** out of it! She's amazing. Guy said I could run a 16,but I'm cutting a lot of pin oak and other dense hardwoods so I'm gonna leave it.
Ready for a new to me saw, am all arounder. What do we think gents

I assume that the correct model number/designation of your saw is 335 xpt?

The Husky 355 is a very rare model, that is far from the category of saws that this thread is about. Also, it isn't an xp of any sort.

More of the same today. Boss was running a 241C with a 14” bar. Nice and light. I was running an 024 that got heavy after awhile. Then... the muffler shroud broke and I had to go to a 362 w/ a 24” bar. I need a lighter saw. .

Back