Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new XT model 365 has the same piston as a 372XT but just has restrictors in the transfer port covers to reduce engine max rpm and thus reducing the paper HP figures. so basicily its a detuned 372XT with a smaller air filter.

I just read about that on Chainsaw Repair Forum.

Just my opinion and my opinion only, Shy away from the husky 455 rancher. I picked 1 up the other day in a local sears just to see how it felt. What a piece of crap i think. My wife was with me and as I was holding it, she asked "is that what you want ? I said no, I would blow this think up in a week" Bottom line is if you want a husky stay away from the homeowner box store stuff, Get no less then a 346xp or something and cut with it for many years.

I have emailed Husqvarna asking them specifically what the difference is between home and pro saws besides the cost lol. I'll have to wait and see if I actually get an answer and see if it sounds reasonable.

Lowes

Just found out that the local dealer is 2 miles from the house and has two of them in stock with 20". For $10 more he will put on a 24" bar.:msp_biggrin:

If you want to use your lowes cards, the Poulan PP5020AV has gotten a little good review here so far from guys who got them. Around 200 bucks brand new, 50 ccs. There's a few threads on them here.

Mag crankcase feature should not a deal breaker

There are tons of saws with plastic crankcase that have cut more wood than some of the mag cased ones. The 290/310/390 series is one example. The 455 is every bit as reliable and durable as the 55 it replaced and the 353/357/359 series.

Get the 455

There is nothing wrong with the 55/455. Its cut more wood than any other saw in Husqvarna's line up. Likewise with Stihl the 029/290. Yes power to weight ratio is not so great, yes it seems on the US market they have outfitted it with a bad b&c combo, for the money its one hell of a deal. Durability depends upon the operator. Regardless its a step up from a Poulan 42cc, and with the gift cards your laughing.

Most people will burn up a 346/353/365/372 etc.... before they burn up a 455.

There are tons of saws with plastic crankcase that have cut more wood than some of the mag cased ones. The 290/310/390 series is one example. The 455 is every bit as reliable and durable as the 55 it replaced and the 353/357/359 series.

HAA, like you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 55 is a far more durable saw than a 455. Holy poop are YOU blind!!!!!!!!!!!! Plastic flimsy handle bar is the first part to fail on 455's I have replaced more than a truck load of them sience 2004!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, THE 455 DID NOT REPLACE the 359, 357 and 353. whats the matter, couldnt pour piss out of a boot reading instructions off the heel????????????
Study up on your saws before posting bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

WELL its not my money, if you feel like waisting money on a 455 be my guest. While working in the saw shop I have never seen a saw with soooo many faults from the factory, Id rather own a chineese homelite, at least your paying 1/3 less for it then throw it away every season:laugh:

For what it is worth the 455 has a very favorable rating.Doubt me? Then read the reviews from Tractor Supply.I would not thing twice about purchasing one.They are very reliable and smooth cutting.If you purchase a 455 I think that you will be well pleased.Many put them down and do not or have not ever used one.JMHO, Ken

My handle is broken and with a service I am thinking of putting the money towards a new pro saw.

Husqvarna do not really promote the 365 on their web site.

if you go with lowes, look to see what sears is selling the 455 for.

when i bought mine it was 345 or something at sears on sale. print your cart up showing the final price and they will match it and give you 10% more off.

also if you have one of their 10% movers you can buy accessories and get the discount

I got my 455 for 315.00 before tax

In order to dispel such rumors, I dare you to show me a plastic crankcase as used on any commercial chainsaw. $20 says you can't.

You may be thinking of saws whose cast metal engine assembly is bolted into a plastic frame. NOT the same thing. An advantage in that heat from engine is not conducted into oil/mix. Ever seen a saw with mix heated that way? No smoking. ;)

when i bought mine it was 345 or something at sears on sale. print your cart up showing the final price and they will match it and give you 10% more off.

also if you have one of their 10% movers you can buy accessories and get the discount

I did not do the Sears thing but I did have a 10%.

If you want to use your lowes cards, the Poulan PP5020AV has gotten a little good review here so far from guys who got them. Around 200 bucks brand new, 50 ccs. There's a few threads on them here.

Not a bad price at all. I will search around and thanks for info.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, THE 455 DID NOT REPLACE the 359, 357 and 353. whats the matter, couldnt pour piss out of a boot reading instructions off the heel????????????
Study up on your saws before posting bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

I don't want to speak for the poster but it sounded like he was trying to write that the 455 is every bit as reliable and durable as the 55 it replaced and every bit as reliable and durable as the 353/357/359 series

For what it is worth the 455 has a very favorable rating.Doubt me? Then read the reviews from Tractor Supply.I would not thing twice about purchasing one.They are very reliable and smooth cutting.If you purchase a 455 I think that you will be well pleased.Many put them down and do not or have not ever used one.JMHO, Ken

Do you own the 455? How often do you use it?

Thanks for the heads up. Sears does not have it on sale but I can still get Lowes to give the 10% discount since it's a few dollars cheaper. I'm waiting until I get a look at the 365 and see what it feels like in person at local Husqvarna shop before I make any decisions.

Latest posts

Back