Husqvarna 50 chain break assy.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dader

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disassembled the brake assembly for cleaning and control flat spring replacement.Ran into problems during reassembly.First of all I cant get the brake band mechanism to stay in the released position so I can install it on the clutch assy.Once I get that problem solved I have to contend with installing the handle ( paddle)and the associated spring.I have the IPL schematic but it isn't much help for a novice like me.Would appreciate any and all help.TIA.

First of all I cant get the brake band mechanism to stay in the released position so I can install it on the clutch assy. Once I get that problem solved I have to contend with installing the handle ( paddle)and the associated spring.

I am not at all an expert with these saws. Only done one, but I don't remember anything tricky.

Are you saying, you are installing the brake band onto the clutch drum; before the brake handle assembly is together?

Roy

Disassembled the brake assembly for cleaning and control flat spring replacement.Ran into problems during reassembly.First of all I cant get the brake band mechanism to stay in the released position so I can install it on the clutch assy.Once I get that problem solved I have to contend with installing the handle ( paddle)and the associated spring.I have the IPL schematic but it isn't much help for a novice like me.Would appreciate any and all help.TIA.
I had an aftermarket one but I put the oem flag on it and I had a hard time getting the flag on it. I fought with it a while before I got everything together. Maybe because it was aftermarket, I don't know.

I am not at all an expert with these saws. Only done one, but I don't remember anything tricky.

Are you saying, you are installing the brake band onto the clutch drum; before the brake handle assembly is together?

Roy
Roy,i think I need the brake band in the released position before I can correctly install the handle(flag)but no matter what I do I can't seem to get the band to stay in the released position prior to installing the flag.I tried installing the handle with the brake band in the on position but didn't have any success. Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1099.JPG
    IMG_1099.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Handle goes on last. Install band and knee joint. Install main spring. Install main spring cover. Install handle. Easiest to install handle if the band/knee joint is in the armed position (band at max diameter). I've done dozens of these, trickiest part is installing the handle correctly. You should add grease to any place that things slide or rotate.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that mine was the only way. On some models, the main spring cover can't be installed after the handle so I've gotten used to doing it the way that works for all models.

Latest posts

Back