Husqvarna 50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, It looks ok, been kept in the original package, not dirty or anything. Can I get a replacement valve somewhere?
I am sorry to burden you with all these questions
There should be a compression release button that could be leaking too.

I'd just enlarge the slots. I don't remember a baffle, but if so, you may need an extra hole in the baffle.
Well I finally got my old Husqvarna 50 running again thanks to advice from the fine folks here on arborist site
I pulled the cylinder and piston, they looked very good once cleaned up. I rebuilt the carb, did a muff mod, and filed 20 thousanths of the flywheel key.
I left the base gasket because I didn't have anything on hand to check the squish.
I don't know what the compression is because my gauge doesn't work anymore.
It runs really good now. I was surprised and excited about how well it runs because this is the first chainsaw I have ever worked on.
Thanks guys

Yer hooked it keeps goin from here.
That's what I'm afraid of. I have been looking on eBay for a low priced saw to play with but haven't seen any cheap enough.
I happened to remember that the last time I was in my Mom's building I saw my dads old Mac 10 10. It's from the 70s and hasn't been run since 99 when my dad passed away.
I think I am going to try to get it running again.

The 50's go high on ebay and hard to say what you will get. You might watch craigslist and the trading post here.

It needs to have a check valve in the bottom. Could be your check valve is bad. It's looks like a car tire shrader valve, but it's not. It has a weaker spring than on a tire. You use the same tool to unscrew it and it is the same size.
I changed the valve, and the one in the release. Still would bounce up to 40 and back to zero. Finally rigged up some fittings and hooked up to my air compressor, the air was blowing out of the guage inself. I was surprised to see that. Bought a $6 gauge at harbor freight, problem solved.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back