Husqvarna 543 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coastalboat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi folks , I have a Husqvarna 543 xp for about 2 years now and it haven’t ran right from day one, it bogs down with low power and gets worse when tipped on its side. I have tuned the carb some and it has gotten better but can’t seam to get it right still. Any suggestions on what it may be?

If it’s not running well on its side vs upright, then it probably has an air leak around a crank seal. Have you tried pressure/vacuum testing it? You can also check by spraying brake clean or wd-40 around the crank seals while it’s running upright and listening for change in the idle.

I have not pressure tested it , I don’t have the gear to do that but I will try with the brake cleaner. The saw has been like this since purchased new which seams weird

It could be a factory defect. Did the dealer start it up for you when you bought it?

Should have taken back to dealer before warranty was up, unless you bought oil with for the extended warrant-it may still be covered?

Yes I should have taken it back to the dealer , saw wasent seeing a big lot of use and thought it might be just where it was new. Seams like you get it tuned good and went you stick it into wood it bogs down

I think I figured out the problem it was a linked line going to the purge bulb , now just having a bit of trouble getting the carb right. Anyone happen to know the factory setting for the T , L and H?

Latest posts

Back