Husqvarna 543xp carb adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhawk23

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi,

I know there are limiters on the H and L settings that only allow 1/2 turns but does anyone know the tool necessary to do the turning?

The manual doesn’t say and I can’t see in the holes.

Thanks

Large spline driver. Same as a 395, 390, and 372 xtorq.

Easiest way is to order a 6 or 8 pc small engine carb driver kit from Amazon or eBay
Which shape? I can’t see what’s down there and I’m just fishing around with half a dozen tools and nothing is catching.

Thanks

Dealer is saying a pac man can be made to fit. I mentioned the information here saying it’s a large spline and he said most large splines are 21 and the saw’s is 20.
He’s going to call me back.

I tried the large spline tool and it’s not fitting on anything and I can’t see what I’m doing.

He also said they seldom adjust the carbs, that if it’s not running well it’s probably something else.

Dealer got back to me, he made a large pac man fit “with pressure”. He says a tool isn’t made for that saw.

They have must
Dealer is saying a pac man can be made to fit. I mentioned the information here saying it’s a large spline and he said most large splines are 21 and the saw’s is 20.
He’s going to call me back.

I tried the large spline tool and it’s not fitting on anything and I can’t see what I’m doing.

He also said they seldom adjust the carbs, that if it’s not running well it’s probably something else.

Dealer got back to me, he made a large pac man fit “with pressure”. He says a tool isn’t made for that saw.
They must have multiple different sizes then. I just ported one today and adjusted it with the same one that fits a 372Xtorq, 395, 390.

Back