Husqvarna 545 compression 110-120 lbs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamp45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Husqvarna 545 well after about 10 hrs or 7 tanks of fuel the compression reads 100 lbs. I thought this was a little on the low side so i called Huaqvarna got nowear. Next i called baileys and they informed me that 110-120lbs is normal . Any thoughts on this? My Echo cs600 is 145lbs and my dolmar 6400 is 170lbs.

I cannot believe that is normal. Most modern huskies I've checked have been around 155. If it is a dished piston 550 I guess it's possible

I'd check my 2252 Jonsered with about 10 tanks through it, but don't have a compression tester that fits those small spark plug holes.
I'd think it has more than 100lbs or why put a compression release on them?
Make sure the release is closing properly too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did you test the comp? Having a gut feeling it doesn't have the nominal power?

I agree a comp test is a very easy way to check the condition of a chainsaw.

What is the status of the saw? Does it start easily? Any performance issues when warm or cold? Any performance increase if changing the oil mix from 2% to 3% since should have a positive effect on compression.

Why did you test the comp? Having a gut feeling it doesn't have the nominal power?

I agree a comp test is a very easy way to check the condition of a chainsaw.

What is the status of the saw? Does it start easily? Any performance issues when warm or cold? Any performance increase if changing the oil mix from 2% to 3% since should have a positive effect on compression.
I check the compression on all my saws when nearly new 7-10 tanks of fuel this way i can tell when the saw is getting tired and perhaps a need for a rebuild.

If you're using an adapter it will read low. If not then you may have a problem.

Well crap, now I guess I havta go buy a compression tester for my 545 which is on its 3rd. Tank.

Ya mine runs fine, bit of hesitation on the trigger, was that way on the very first run , in the cut its full on. Actually more than a bit.

Latest posts

Back