• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 55 closed port $200 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoBigBlue1984

Right-wing conservative blue collar American
Reaction score
IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2684.JPG IMG_2682.JPG IMG_2685.JPG IMG_2688.JPG IMG_2689.JPG Selling one of my closed port 55's. It's got a recoil cover, top cover and clutch cover off of a 55 rancher. It is a OEM closed port 45mm cylinder with a new meteor piston. The lowers have been opened up to the case to accept a husqvarna 353 piston. I personally think these saws run stronger like this.
Muffler has been modded and a 1/2 pipe added as well. If a buyer would rather have a stock muffler I can swap one out.
Top right corner of top cover has been trimmed as the picture shows.
Has less than 3 tanks through it. Compression is 170 psi with a base gasket and .040 squish. A gasket delete on this saw once rings seat will be pushing 190 psi
PHO. $200 plus shipping to lower 48.

I forgot to mention that the saw will have the muffler bracket when it ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Funky little hot rod. Love these, GLWS.

I do to Sam. I got on a kick about a year and a half ago and bought all that I could find and enough parts to build 8 more or so. They are underrated saws. Ported they'll out cut a 346. Torquey saws, especially the closed ports. There are a million ways to mod these but surprisingly simple makes a strong saw with these.

it says rancher on the side. can it only be used on ranches?

can you take a picture of the compression gauge with the gauge right side up. I suspect you are getting a higher reading because the gauge is tilting down hill

it says rancher on the side. can it only be used on ranches?

can you take a picture of the compression gauge with the gauge right side up. I suspect you are getting a higher reading because the gauge is tilting down hill

Umm no, and no

would you mind removing the Decomp. I'd have a hard time pulling a saw over with that much compression.

ok good would you happen to have any pictures of the intake side of the piston?

will you include that race chain in the picture?

is this your personal saw? do you accept cheques

Oh I'm not upset. I tend to refrain from allowing a completely random person, on the internet, that has nothing better to do with his/her time than get on a saw forum and make tongue in cheek remarks about a saw that is being sold. A saw they have zero interest in buying.

Back