• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 55 Closed Port

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Husky 55 closed in nice shape.
Most likely needs a carb kit/rebuild, fires right up, but won't hold a tune.
It's pushing over 160 psi compression.
I swapped out the recoil on this a couple years ago and peeled the sticker off the original and when I did it was damaged and split down the middle. I wanted to keep it as original as I could.
150 PHO and I'm pretty sure I have an extra carb and intake I send with, if not I'll do 125.
Pictures shortly.
Thanks,
Brett

Nice saw! These are great lightweight saws, Just curious to know, how do you tell if it is a closed port without out pulling the cylinder? I have one with decomp and its a 94 model, not sure if its a closed or open port, i read something about the number of fins over the cylinder bolt on rear recoil side but forget what it said, just wondering, GLWS

Nice saw! These are great lightweight saws, Just curious to know, how do you tell if it is a closed port without out pulling the cylinder? I have one with decomp and its a 94 model, not sure if its a closed or open port, i read something about the number of fins over the cylinder bolt on rear recoil side but forget what it said, just wondering, GLWS
I would not think the 94 would be a closed port, but someone could have changed it out.
Fins is one way, I don't have any pictures of that to help right now. The closed ports had decomps(some open ports did though too if I'm not mistaken). The sticker on the recoil looks like the one in my pictures/it does not say rancher.
At the base of the cylinder below where it says Mahle there will be like three or four "+"(like +++) on the recoil side.
I find the quickest and easiest way is to just look at the top of the cylinder though.
If you pull the air filter cover the top of the cylinder/fins will have an angle on the portion in the picture below on a closed port.
Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 9.37.33 PM.png
On an open port this area will be curved with no angle. I'll try to add a picture of the open port in a few.
Here's a picture of the open port, notice how the top fin is just radiused and does not have the angle.
Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 10.56.15 PM.png

I'm interested. Im new here & just signed up so I can hopefully get this guy. I can PayPal or send a check in snail mail. Just let me know
Send him a direct message if you're interested in buying. Much quicker! Also welcome to AS

Yeah go figure. It was definitely red for sale when I looked before.
That's right, cause the deal wasn't 100% done at that point(I even added "now" to the previous post for you :).
Maybe they should make the for sale green, the yellow could be almost sold/pending, then red for sold.
Maybe there could be a horse for want to trade too :laugh:
We'll get this forum fixed in no time :badpc::lol:.

Back