husqvarna 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainmaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello i picked up a husq 55 that have a scored piston it,s a 45mm close port cylinder with open window piston i was able to save the cylinder but the piston is no good did some reading those pistons are no longer available has any body use a open cylinder piston on a close cylinder ill it work or not

hello i picked up a husq 55 that have a scored piston it,s a 45mm close port cylinder with open window piston i was able to save the cylinder but the piston is no good did some reading those pistons are no longer available has any body use a open cylinder piston on a close cylinder ill it work or not
Lil Red Barn has the windowed piston. I bought one but have not used it yet, so can’t comment further.

Id have to check but I may have a new meteor piston package laying around..

Not familiar with the differences in the piston you speak of, pics for my curiousity?

There are 46mm open window available but this one is a 45mm i see a lot of 45mm open port close window don,t see any 45mm close port open window ones the only place that is available is Lil Red Barn i was just wondering if i put close window will it work

Attachments

• P1013749.JPG
    P1013749.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • P1013742.JPG
    P1013742.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • P1013755.JPG
    P1013755.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
There are 46mm open window available but this one is a 45mm i see a lot of 45mm open port close window don,t see any 45mm close port open window ones the only place that is available is Lil Red Barn i was just wondering if i put close window will it work

If I can dig up the new meteor piston kit I have, I’ll take pics to compare

I have personally used 2 lrb (little red barn) pss (performance saw supply) 45mm piston kits in cp 55 saws. Fit and finish was perfect. Skirt width length and crown height was right with oem. I have used a quite a few of the topends and just piston kits with no issues to date. I feel the parts they offer are high end stuff rating right with meteor or in many cases the cylinders are better then meteors. They do charge just like meteor too though.

I have personally used 2 lrb (little red barn) pss (performance saw supply) 45mm piston kits in cp 55 saws. Fit and finish was perfect. Skirt width length and crown height was right with oem. I have used a quite a few of the topends and just piston kits with no issues to date. I feel the parts they offer are high end stuff rating right with meteor or in many cases the cylinders are better then meteors. They do charge just like meteor too though.
Good to know. I hope I get around to using mine soon. OP must be trying to save a few bucks or something, or he would just buy the correct one.

Pss lrb are the only mfg i have found for the 45mm cp piston ive found. Best piston option iv found for this saw. Golf may make them too but im not super impressed with golf pistons in general. I have had 2 of their pistons fail in seperate ways. One ping locating pin fell out and ruined the cylinder. The other one had a chunk of the top of the piston above the intake. Was able to salvage the cylinder and use another branded piston. That saw sti runs today. Of all the pss lrb stuff uve used ive had no failures or rejects period.

Latest posts

Back