Husqvarna 257 blown need a cylinder piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waybel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all picked up a Husqvarna 257 today with a blown piston /cylinder .Rest of the saw looks good .Thought i would just pick up an aftermarket cylinder/piston to get it going but i have not found any . Don't want to spend a fortune on an old 1998 saw. Husqvarna parts says cylinder no longer available . I saw quite a few posts about converting to a 262 but seems like a bit of trouble and expense.Would rather just keep it as a 257 if i could.Anyone know of an aftermarket solution or what else would fit right in without adding parts or mods?Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that your saw has insufficient compression to run? Have you checked that out with any equipment? Got any Pics of the ring(s)?
It's completely done .The wrist pin let go and ruined cylinder and piston .The guy i bought it from had it at a shop .Put an oem cylinder and piston in it It didn't last long .He should have brought it back but he couldn't be bothered and bought a new saw

You need the 262 intake block and associated gaskets to go with the cylinder. Your existing carb and top cover will fit just fine though.
Ok thanks for the info and all other replies from others.I think i will go this route .All i need is a cheapo 262 kit and a 262 intake block

Latest posts

Back