Husqvarna 555 forgotten saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the 555 at the local dealer yesterday and was just wondering why this saw never seemed to really catch on.I do not own one or ever ran one,or plan on buying one, but the weight difference in this 59.8 cc saw and my 50 cc 545 seemed very small.He was asking $750 with a 20" b/c. In my opinion this looks like it could be the ultimate saw for a one saw plan.A 562 XP was hanging on the rack right beside it,but there was no price tag and I never asked.

Saw the 555 at the local dealer yesterday and was just wondering why this saw never seemed to really catch on.I do not own one or ever ran one,or plan on buying one, but the weight difference in this 59.8 cc saw and my 50 cc 545 seemed very small.He was asking $750 with a 20" b/c. In my opinion this looks like it could be the ultimate saw for a one saw plan.A 562 XP was hanging on the rack right beside it,but there was no price tag and I never asked.

I bought a 555 over the 562 because the $100 difference was a lot to me at the time. I run a 24” b&c and recently added a 3/4 wrap handle that Husqvarna sells. I have had zero issues with this saw and have cut about 20 cords of wood and lots of small trees and brush that don’t go towards firewood.

I recently went firewood cutting with my neighbor who was a Chaser on the logging crew & cut shake blocks for years. He has spent many years with a power saw in his hands. Anyway, he needed to cut something and I just handed him my 555, rather than him having to go get his Stihl 440. He made his cuts and commented that the 555 was a really good cutting saw. He said that really like the way it handled and cut.

I’ve never ran a 562, so I can’t compare the two.

Latest posts

Back