Husqvarna 555 Stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmerAce

Reaction score
Long time lurker. I would have liked to keep it that way (I just don't have much to offer, but love all the knowledge), but.... someone broke into my shed and stole all my chainsaws and other equipment. I need to replace my 2016 555 with the same saw or a very similar saw - They did not get my spare 24" bar or a couple of extra chains. The chains are 3/8 inch .58 pitch. Would you recommend getting the same Husqvarna 555 saw with a 20 inch bar, or is there another option that would take my spare 24 inch bar and chains? I liked the 555, I just don't know if there is anything better that is also compatible.

In addition, what are your favorite online sources for Huskys, my local dealers don't deal at all. The last saw I bought from an Oregon store that was a recommendation from this site, I just can't find the receipt or I would go back to them.

Thank you all in advance for you help, and frankly the knowledge I have gained reading everyone's posts.

Just get another 555. Its a good saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to look at 560xp - stronger brother of 555. Small mount as well.
Great advice. The 560 isn't available here in Orange though. But you can buy the Jonsered 2260 with a different handlebar shape and the outside of the saw is black and red. @spike60 is a great online source for what you are looking for.

Ebels Hardware does a very significant amount of online sales. I've only purchased in person but great family to deal with, well run expanding business.

Thanks everyone! Great information as always. I liked my 555 but will look at the other option to satisfy the chainsaw shopping gods. I would love to support my local businesses, but frankly would rather support someone who contributes to the site.

Didn't Walt @weimedog build up a 555 with the 2260 parts in search of the ultimate old man saw? I think he did, or that was the plan, but it has been a while since I have seen the video(s).

555, 560 & 562 all test similar. Test results attached.

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• HUSQVARNA 555.pdf
    169.2 KB · Views: 7
  • HUSQVARNA 560XP.pdf
    190.2 KB · Views: 3
  • HUSQVARNA 562XP.pdf
    189.5 KB · Views: 4
I don't think so ;-)

I'd rather believe to the original German versions of pdf (check your inbox on AS) which show the same numbers as the vendor: (555 - 3,1 kW, 560xp - 3,5 kW, (not tested 556 - 3,1 kW), 562xp - 3.5 kW

Latest posts

Back