Husqvarna 562XP issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdntbone303

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Brought it to the dealer because it was flooding itself and dying out after a minute or 2 of running. It will then start gain after 10 minutes of rest and do the same thing. Dealer said needs a carb kit and new piston. So I picked it up to do the work myself. New meteor piston, plug, fuel filter and carb kit. Same issue as before. Tested for air leak. Very slow leak from decomp valve, read that is normal. What else could be causing it run rich? 2014 saw with EL48 carb

Did they reset the carb and confirm you are running the latest firmware?
What does CST show as fuel trim levels?

Buy a decomp plug ($2 on line) and take that out of the equation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brought it to the dealer because it was flooding itself and dying out after a minute or 2 of running. It will then start gain after 10 minutes of rest and do the same thing. Dealer said needs a carb kit and new piston. So I picked it up to do the work myself. New meteor piston, plug, fuel filter and carb kit. Same issue as before. Tested for air leak. Very slow leak from decomp valve, read that is normal. What else could be causing it run rich? 2014 saw with EL48 carb

That’s an AutoTune saw. Did they hook it up to the Common Service Tool and check for error codes or does any updates or resets?
As long as it’s autotune, you can get a big jump on trouble shooting if they tie into it with the computer.
Decomp shouldn’t be leaking.

Did they reset the carb and confirm you are running the latest firmware?
What does CST show as fuel trim levels?

Buy a decomp plug ($2 on line) and take that out of the equation.

I don’t even think they plugged it up. They never mentioned it when I picked it up myself. I tried reseting it in wood for 1.5 minutes till it slowly died out on me

I have 4 scrap 562’s with EL48 on them I can swap on try. Will replace decomp

Carbs have to be programmed for the coil type.

If swapping carbs, only swap from a saw with the same coil type.
Otherwise after you swap the carb you need to have the dealer flash the firmware in the carb to match the coil type in your saw.

What did the old piston look like?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Carbs have to be programmed for the coil type.

If swapping carbs, only swap from a saw with the same coil type.
Otherwise after you swap the carb you need to have the dealer flash the firmware in the carb to match the coil type in your saw.

How many different coil types are there? I have a 2012 saw that had the troublesome off idle hesitation/stall with a EL42 or 44 carb. I swapped to a EL48 without hooking them up to a computer and it corrected all that saws issues. These 4 saws are all 2015-2018, my dads is a 2014 and all have the EL48 carb. What would it hurt to try? Worse case it wouldn’t run?

Pretty easy to check the coil number.

Sure it could run, but it could run too lean too.
For the couple minutes it will take, why not take the time?

r
01de2b97cbf1075a1c60bc434f13a504.jpg

Latest posts

Back